Market Won't Stop Trying to Update

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a ton of apps that needed to be updated. So, I clicked on "Update All" and left the phone alone for a while. I came back later (after about 20 min) to find out that not very many apps were updated, and it was taking forever. I had to use some other apps, so I decided to stop updating. The Market App then force quitted. But for some reason, at the top status bar, it still shows in the "On-Going" section that there many apps to be downloaded/installed. but when i go to the market "My Apps" list, nothing is being updated/downloaded/installed.

this is really draining my phone battery, because it went from 90% to like 23% in a short time. how do I get the Market to stop trying to download/update?

I've tried turning on/off the phone. using atk to kill the market app. nothing is working.

ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

legally_barb

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am this very same problem right now ... did you ever find a solution? Has anyone else had this problem? I've gone through 2 full charges today because of this!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is (what / could) happen when you try to update more than one application at a time. I know... I did it before. Everything I tried wouldn't stop the apps from keep updating / installing. Then I decided to let the system complete the updates and installments. That was how I fixed it.

Keep your phone charging while doing this. However, if there are too many (applications) updating - then the phone might get really hot, so if that happen unplug the charger and wait until the phone cools down.

Ps. Only update a total of two (applications) at anytime.

Good luck.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Delete your market cache. Then, download each app one at a time. The problem, is that you have way too many apps downloading. In fact, I am surprised you didn't get a message stating you had twice the amount of apps downloading, and in reality, it got a data clog.

If you select "download all", and you have more than 3 or 4 apps, well, this will happen. Eventually, things will be normal again.

slikkback

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I did the exact same thing as the original poster...but when I tried to check out what exactly was "upgrading" after cancelling the upgrades, the notification count added another update. It continues to add a number to the update count when I click on the notification or exit the "my app" section from the market place. I currently have 36 apps supposedly upgrading. What do I do??

puckhead

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
if you are still having problems, turn off all all your network stuff: wifi, mobile data, autosync. pull the battery and turn them back on one at at time allowing them to get booted up. Worked for me when my mail update got "stuck". It was really slowing down my phone, jerky movements and taking forever to load not to mention the horrible battery life. This seemed to work and I havent had a problem since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech