voice recognition and wallpaper question...help! new to android!

kandibbles

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
hi ....I'm a newbie here as well as to the android platform. Most of my questions have already been answered by this wonderful forum (the how to section) but I'm still having difficulty with some areas.
1. Does anyone else have trouble with their voice recongntion? I seem to say it very clear and correctly however it still does not fully understand what I'm saying/asking? ...for example I say " send text message to blah" when the text pops up there is no one in the recipient box instead it says blah in the message box. Tried it several ways and not just with text, with the other features as well.
2. I'm looking for non live versions of wallpaper. I have the solar system one which I love but its a battery drainer and can't seem to find a non live version of it or something like it for android?

I picked up the sidekick yesterday and I'm hoping these issues are android ones and not sidekick ones because I heart this phone and would hate to take it back already. Thanks in advanced!

TripleX25

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It could be one of 3 different things for the speaker. 1) you are not speaking into the right place for the mic so it sounds disoriented. 2) The mic could have something that's broken which makes it sound disoriented. 3) Your mic quality might just be really bad on that phone. Also for your wallpaper try going to the market and typing in free wallpapers or pay for ones your choice but there are still ones that won't drain your batter but try taking your screen brightness and screen timeout should help if you want to keep the sun live one.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
there is other voice rec. software out there. I'm over from bb and i used vlingo a lot wth my torch, but I've found that on my inspire the stock voice recorder works well enough. I think vlingo is free frome the market so you could do a comparative test and just delete it if you don't like it or keep it if you do. also, doing that may answer some of the questions posed in the previous post

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
+1 for vlingo - the google voice is wonky on some devices and works great on others.

Also try searching google images for a wallpaper. You can use any picture you want and most phones will allow you to crop it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2