Samsung Gear Fit 2 "Unfortunately, Gear Fit Plugin has stopped"

cjbennett

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
My Samsung Gear Fit 2 will not connect with my phone since an update that occurred on Friday. My phone keeps stating "Unfortunately, Gear Fit Plugin has stopped." Samsung is no help in the matter. One states they know and a patch will come out. While another states they haven't heard of such a problem and basically left me hanging. I have spend days with them on the phone and in store will no solution.

leroy439

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
My Samsung Gear Fit 2 will not connect with my phone since an update that occurred on Friday. My phone keeps stating "Unfortunately, Gear Fit Plugin has stopped." Samsung is no help in the matter. One states they know and a patch will come out. While another states they haven't heard of such a problem and basically left me hanging. I have spend days with them on the phone and in store will no solution.

You are not alone, I'm getting the same message since Friday. So annoying, having to constantly clear the error message. I uninstalled the gear app, reinstalled and no help. This caused a factory reset of my gear fit 2, loosing all of my data. Currently have Bluetooth turned off, still get error message but at least I can use my phone

alphaxxi

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I also have this issue. Ever since the update it the plugin keeps doing that. The gear fit will connect after a while, just long enough for Health to pick up the date, but it's really freaking annoying.

5URV1V0R

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Facing same problem, really annoying
Tried clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc., but nothing worked.

I kind of senesed that the Gear Fit plugin is crashing due to a conflict with another app on the phone.
After some anaylysis, it seemed that this app was either whatsapp (many more crashes of the Gear Fit Plugin while using whatsapp) or my keyboard (swype - which i am using for typing on whatsapp). i uninstalled whatsapp but the crashes continued.
I shifted my keyboard from Swype to samsungs default keyboard and the crashes stopped.

Does this relate to any of your experiences?? Please advise.

Hope i dont have more carshes. Will update you in case it did.

vampvapors

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my note edge and the default keyboard has been the samsung one so i tried to go to the swype keyboard thought it was working and the darn thing went back to crashing. I really hope there is a solution to this because it always seem to crash at the most in-oppertune times, like in the middle of typing a text.:-\

Janus_P

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Solved-Partially

Hi, I've had the same problem on my S5 hooking up gear fit 2 for the first time. I tried quite a few things, nothing worked apart from the following;

1. Clear cache and delete data in gear fit 2 plugin under apps manager
2. Uninstall gear fit 2 plugin
3. Clear cache and delete data in gear manager under apps manager.
4. Download a previous version gear fit plugin from:

Gear Fit2 Plugin 2.2.04.16111761 APK Download by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - APKMirror

5. Install gear manager from play store.
6. Uninstall gear fit plugin again and reinstall with one downloaded from website link. (Enable unknown sources, you can disable again afterwards.)
7. Disable internet connection
8. Run gear manager and let it setup the watch.
9. enable internet connection and go to gear watch faces, let it update to the latest version.

This have worked on my s5, I noticed it started with the errors again more than a week later after I sent an sms. I just followed the steps again and it was fixed until I sent another sms. So I'm doing it again tonight.

My girlfriends s5 and watch was doing the same, i used above fix and it's worked ever since.

Hope samsung fixes this bug, in the meantime try this fix and keep track of what your last action is before/if it starts to act out again. Perhaps we can narrow down the errors cause.

Cheers
Janus

Source05

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
@Janus_P :Great tip it worked really fine for me as long as I don't use SMS as you already noticed.
I did all you suggested, downloaded one by one watch faces, clock, weather widget and all worked smooth from yesterday afternoon until this morning when I got the 1st SMS then the famous error message came up again. I've got a lot of emails and it worked fine including Calendar worked fine but when it comes to SMS ... :mad:
I have the Gear fit 2 updated and S5 under 6.0.1

Valentin Chebanov

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
I used practically the same way but before I froze SMS program by Titanium and shifted SMS to FB Messenger. It works fine now but I do not have SMS notification on Gear Fit. On the other hand, I also do not have problems with plugin. I guess that simple changing SMS program to FB Messenger without its freezing by Titanium also should work...

alexvirt

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Thx! It does work and fixed annoying error messages at my wife's phone (S5). What is interesting, I did not experience such issues at my S7. But I noticed that the last plugin version was released on Apr 20th and I installed it at my S7 right before it. At S5 the new version was installed without the previous one. Probably the new plugin is looking for data was created by the older version of the Fit2 plugin (definitely bad QA).

alexvirt

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Samsung has updated the Fit Plugin:

I allowed to updated it at my S7 and so far so good (but it did not have a problem before).
Anybody tried to update it at a phone with plugin issues and see was it solved? I am not sure that I wonna to upgrade it at S5 since the previous version (2.2.04.17032461) did have a problem and I had to downgrade it. Unfortunately each time it resets the statistic at the Fit2 to zero...

There is a some difference of how the bug looks depending on installation order:
1. Clean setup at the Galaxy S5: random frequent error messages (regardless what you do).
2. Setup/removing the plugin/setup older version 2.2.04.16111761/upgrading to 2.2.04.17032461 solves the problem with random error messages, but the plugin does not tolerate SMS sending/receiving. Whenever SMS is sent or received, the plugin crashes.

Bigdogbemer

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
So my wife has had the same issue as all has mentioned below. So the fix I applied to her gerfit was to go into the setting and turn off auto connected to know wifi. We noticed tue wifi was turning itself automatically on. So when I looked into the settings I found you could turn it off and she has not had the issue again. Hope it works the same for you all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech