why does my zte not accept a simple flashlight app that I've downloaded?

swalsh787

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I downloaded a very small .65kb flashlight app, but when I open the app, I get a message that "this app is not supported on this device". Are any other flashlight apps supported and usable? I know my phone has a flash for the camera, so why can't it pull double duty as a flashlight? I'm soo confused

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You're better off using the built-in app that came with the device... or better yet buying the right tool for the job... a real flashlight. Flashlight apps are one of the worst (generally speaking). Most of them exist purely for the benefit of the developer to harvest personal information, and sell it to advertisers. When you check-box the terms and agreements, and allow permissions, you are legally handing over your personal information, where it is then owned by the developer... they are free to do with it as they wish.

What app is it?
What phone is it?
What security measures have you installed?
The pull down shade has its own flashlight built into android... just use that.

Capture_2017-04-08-11-05-24_zpspsspdg8r.png

Last edited:

Leah Ladouceur

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
You're better off using the built-in app that came with the device... or better yet buying the right tool for the job... a real flashlight. Flashlight apps are one of the worst (generally speaking). Most of them exist purely for the benefit of the developer to harvest personal information, and sell it to advertisers. When you check-box the terms and agreements, and allow permissions, you are legally handing over your personal information, where it is then owned by the developer... they are free to do with it as they wish.

What app is it?
What phone is it?
What security measures have you installed?
The pull down shade has its own flashlight built into android... just use that.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/muvotx/Capture_2017-04-08-11-05-24_zpspsspdg8r.png

Leah Ladouceur

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Well my tablet doesn't have a bulit in flashlight app and will not accept any of the apps & I tried multiple I assume that's what she meant. If you know any apps that would work with ZTE tablet please let us know thank you ,