Change delay between rings?

brivette007

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to change the delay between rings on incoming calls?

When I was on Sense, the ringtone would play without any pause (ring-ring-ring). Now on CM7, using the same ringtone, there is a 5 second pause (ring......ring......).

I've missed some calls already because I didn't notice my phone ringing in time.

I'd like the delay to be 1 second (Sense was a little too fast and spazzy, but CM is spread way to much)

Would this be something that can be changed in build.prop?

Any ideas?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a function of how the ringtone is recorded. Try a different ringtone that has the ring pattern you like.

brivette007

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
But I'm using the same mp3 file pulled from the sense ROM zip. It is just something built into CM7 that is changing the setting (or maybe CM7 has it normal and Sense has the setting changed.) Until I figure it out, I'll just have to go with the 'see I fixed it' method and edit the file with audacity. :D

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just for giggles and grins, can you copy the ringtone to your computer and play it? If so, is it fast or slow? I'm just curious if one is playing the correct speed and the other is not, or if the ringtone is a single iteration of the tone and it's the replay loops that are different.

brivette007

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It is the replay loops that are different. The actual mp3 is 1.1 seconds long, with the audio starting at .1 and ending at .98. Looping them on the computer sounds identical to Sense. CM7's loop adds a few seconds of silence in between.
There is obvioulsly something different between the two ROMs. I know there is no setting to change it in the ui, but there must be some config file buried deep in the os for that somewhere.

Oh well, it's more of an annoyance than a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol