Hello, and welcome to my Smart settings tutorial for LG devices. Please read the entire tutorial, I have made it as comprehensive as I could. You're probably here because your device manufacturer or carrier thought it was a good idea (eh-erm Verizon) to hide Smart settings from you. I decided to make this tutorial because I don't agree with this policy.
    Please note: This is a fairly new feature from LG. It was initially released on the LG G4 in early 2015, so legacy devices will not have this feature.

You will need QuickShortcutMaker (Free!).
    (Or an equivalent app that can launch hidden/sub-activities)

Step 1. Search for Smart settings. Be sure to open the activity ending in "RecipeListActivity".
    (This may vary on some devices)

Step 2. Make sure the selected activity is the right one.
    (The text in the "Try" box also explains this...)

Step 3a. (Optional) Change the icon of the shortcut. The icon will only appear in QuickShortcutMaker unless you create an external shortcut. Skip to step 4 if you don't want to do this.
    (You can download the custom icon I made here)

Step 3b. If you opted to change the icon, but it is too large, crop or re-size the image. I use icons that are 256 x 256 pixels, so when prompted to crop the icon, drag the top and bottom points to use the whole image.

Step 4. Now, either create an external shortcut or add the activity to your QuickShortcutMaker favorites. You can tap the label box to change the shortcut name, it should be set to "Smart settings" already.
    (The external shortcut and icon will remain even if you decide to uninstall QuickShortcutMaker)

Step 5. Enjoy your device's Smart settings and profit!

Please like if you found my tutorial to be helpful.
    belodion likes this.
    04-18-2017 01:43 AM
    Thanks for the guide!
    04-18-2017 03:10 PM
    Mine doesn't have smart settings. I searched and it doesn't show up in the search results.
    04-20-2017 09:32 PM
    Mine doesn't have smart settings. I searched and it doesn't show up in the search results.
    Did you search your settings app, or did you use QuickShortcutMaker, and what device/android version do you have? Did you follow the guide step-by-step? If you have a newer LG device, my guide should work indefinitely. If you have a legacy device, I don't think you will have it. I will revise my guide to point this out if that is the case.
    04-21-2017 01:05 AM
    I was using Quick Shortcut maker. I'm not sure if I have a legacy device or not. I'm on Verizon.
    04-21-2017 03:01 AM
    I was using Quick Shortcut maker. I'm not sure if I have a legacy device or not. I'm on Verizon. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6584234039.jpg
    What device do you have?
    04-21-2017 03:25 AM
    Verizon LG G6
    04-21-2017 03:44 AM
    Verizon LG G6
    This XDA thread shows that they are on the G6, but if I'm interpreting it correctly, it looks like they've changed the settings. I know you're not on Sprint, but I also found this.

P.S. Legacy just means older.
    04-21-2017 04:04 AM