Sync Outlook 2007 Calendar, Contacts,Task

Snooz

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Palm Treos for some time now and seriously considering the new Droid. Is there a native sync for Outlook calendar,contacts, and tasks on the Android 2.0 platform?

Is there a resource that will show exactly what Android is capable of?

Thanks

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I use Google Calendar Sync for calendar and CompanionLink for Contacts. Haven't found anything great for Tasks yet though (CompanionLink will do them, but just migrate Outlook tasks into the Google calendar instead of Google Tasks.

Dave

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Another sync option, HTC Sync

If you don't want to use Google Contacts and Calender like many of us don't then you can download a product called HTC Sync. It was created by HTC for the Hero but will allow you to sync Outlook Contacts and Calender items to any Android device. I have always used Windows Mobile devices and really hate that Google tries to force you to use Google Apps for their phones. HTC Sync does not sync Tasks or Outlook Notes, so keep that in mind. You sync with your USB cable and it syncs both ways.

One item of caution, if you keep notes inside of your Outlook Contacts make sure if they are more than 4 lines of text that Android will not show all of the information. What I have done is sync Contacts to my Android device and then turn that sync off or it will erase your Contacts Notes data the next time you sync. If you don't keep Contact Notes then this syncing system will work better than CompanionLink or Google Apps. Just do an internet search for HTC Sync and you will find the download somewhere. It is free and will work on Windows Vista or Windows 7 pc's. I don't like the Contact Notes limitation by Google on their Android devices but since I am only running Version 1.5 I am hoping they fix this in 1.6 or 2.0 which the Droid will be running. Hope that helps.

DrRoger

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to post a link to an HTC site from which the sync software can be downloaded, but I haven't posted enough on this website I'm told, so can't post a link yet....just google htc sync. I've not used it (HTC Sync) but will likely need it if I go buy the VZ Droid and it does not come with sync software to USB sync to Microsoft Outlook.

HTC Android sales are projected to go up from 8% in 2008 to about 70% in 2010, dwarfing Microsoft's Windows Mobile.

I'm looking forward to giving the upcoming Samsung Omnia2 a good try (its going to be mobile device of the winter olympics in Vancouver) but if it turns out buggy, then VZ Droid will be it; too bad the HTC's Eris won't run Android 2.0. In which case I'll just be using Google contacts and Calendar, and retire Microsoft Outlook.

I'm hoping that WinMo will survive in the long run....we need the competition between Microsoft and Google.

henwin

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Outlook and USB Syncing in Android

It is now almost March, 2011. I'm a Verizon customer. I've yet to change phones, but I've got to start thinking about it seriously as my nearly 4 year old Samsung I-760 is warning me that its dying time may be near.

I am a dedicated Outlook user. It is my most important program, but it is standalone--not on an Exchange Server.

That said, what's the state of the art for synchronizing Outlook data (all of it)? I hope the caveats mentioned in previous posts regarding 32 bit and 64 bit OSs or Office installs have been removed, but if not, I need to know. I also want to know if the prior mention of limitations to the Notes sections of contacts has been fixed? If not then I'll be looking at Apple and Microsoft! All of it has to work VIA USB, as I am not interested in using Google's "cloud" based services. I should be able to sync all of Outlook's data, not just the calendar and contacts, just as my current phone does.

While I can see why Google thinks everything should go through their cloud, I can't agree that it's a good idea. Personally I don't trust the cloud as a safe location for private information, and I prefer to sync using a cable.

I thank you in advance for your feedback on this subject.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The 2nd best tech decision I've made (the best being my move from bb to android) was quitting Outlook and moving everything to Google (via my gmail account). It was scary because I've been a dedicated Outlook user for as long as Outlook existed, but I'm glad I did it. Now I can check email and calendar from any PC anywhere and you can also keep any/all docs ans excell spreadsheets in google documents.

There is little doubt that Google is going to take over the world...might as well jump on board.

GJT

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Henwin and I am in much the same position.
My day to day organisation is via Outlook (currently 2007). It does everything I want it to do. I've been using it since the last century.
Any handset I get (and my last HTC gave up the ghost in February) must sync easily with Outlook 2007 (currently running on Vista but I suppose I could go to Windows 7).
Anything which does not do this won't get onto the short list.
I am certainly not trusting my data to Google, nor is there any point for live syncronisation as I only need to keep two machines in sync. If I am out and about, using a handset, then the other machine is OFF. When I return home and switch it on, then I can plug a cable in. It is just (or it should) be that simple. For business, or a large family, I realise that cross-checking may be required.

It appears to be equally inconvenient to get a PST from Outlook to Entourage.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhunter7

GJT

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I have found what I want.
Samsung Kies.
So I have bought a Galaxy Tab at a discount price UK?249.
I'll now search the forums for Kies and learn about Kies.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called MyPhone Explorer. It syncs to Outlook 2003 and 2007, or you can sync it with it's native interface.

It seems to work ok, although, I really only use it for backup purposes. Contacts, calendar, SMS, etc., so I haven't really explored how it looks in Outlook itself.

And it's FREE.

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Id recommend EVO Collaborator for Outlook as alternative. Its what iv been using since the service for Google Calendar Sync has been suspended in August 2014.
Its basically just an add-in to Outlook.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance