How do I open a OneDrive HTML file in Chrome or Firefox on my Android phone?

MPivot

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I have an HTML file on OneDrive. After installing OneDrive on my Galaxy S8, I tried to open the file using Chrome. I keep getting the error:
"Your file was not found
It may have been moved or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"

I added Storage as part of Chrome's permissions, but that did nothing.

Attempts to open the file using the Samsung Internet Browser got a similar error.

I can open the file using the HTML Viewer, but the javascript in the file does not work. That makes the HTML Viewer mostly useless for this issue.

I haven't been able to try with Firefox as it is not listed in the "Open with" list.

I have set Chrome, Samsung Internet, and Firefox as the default browser at one point or another, but that also does not work.

Can anyone help me?

MPivot

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Downloading the file to the Download folder and then opening it there works, and will can definitely be used as a work-around even if it is somewhat cumbersome. Additionally, you would have to re-download the file if it was ever updated. Why can't any of the browsers automatically open the file directly?

Interestingly, even if Firefox was set as the default browser, it still will not automatically open to now-local file. Instead, you are still presented with the "Open with" list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11