Where is music stored on Galaxy S7 Edge?

davybhoy

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I did a factory restore of my laptop a short while ago and forgot to back up my music before doing so. It is all on my phone still but I was wanting to transfer it back to my laptop to keep a back up of it in case I need it in the future. This is all just music that I put on my phone over time so it's not downloaded for the Play Store.

Is there any way to access the music on my phone to transfer it back to my laptop?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Connect the phone to the computer via USB, swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB icon and make sure it's set to MTP or File Transfer. On the computer, open Windows Explorer and open the phone in the device list. Now look for your music files. Look for the directory that you transferred the music files to in the first place -- probably "Music."

How did you put the music on the phone in the first place? Was it copied over from the computer, or did you download the files from some website?

davybhoy

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for you reply. I did all that but both music folders on my phone (main phone memory and SD card) are both empty. Initially I had them all on my hard drive having downloaded from the likes of YouTube and I just dragged and dropped. I can still play the music on my phone, I just can't find it!

davybhoy

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I found it. I typed 'music' in the search bar of windows explorer and it brought up a song. I then right clicked and open file location. At this point I realised I was a tit!! There was a folder called 'mp3' and they're all in there.

I will be copying all into music now!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude