How to transfer data from old Galaxy S4 to Galaxy S8

Gus Lund

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 from Boost Mobile and wanted to transfer my old data from my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Q: How do you transfer data (i.e. text messages, photos (stored on the internal memory), apps, call logs (i.e. recent calls), music, videos, memos, and other information?

A: Simply download from the Play Store, Samsung's "Smart Switch" app. On your old phone open the app (and you don't even need a cable). Click on "wireless" option and choose "Send" option. On your new Samsung Galaxy S8 phone, go to your apps under the "Samsung" folder and choose the "Smart Switch" app (it comes preloaded on all new Samsung phones). Same thing, click on "Wireless" option and "Receive" option, and click "Connect". After the two devices connect, you should see options to transfer. Check mark each option that you want to bring over to the new phone and click on send.

(I did have issues with the memory on my old phone and had to deselect some data that could not be sent over. But you can send some information over to the new phone, delete it out from the old phone, and send the rest.)

Last edited:

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site