multi tasking and music player

bm106510

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
so im new to the droid world and ive searched the forums but havnt found anything. im more than likely going to buy a droid 2 global and i have a few questions about multitasking and the music player. for on is the stock music player any good? i have heard that it will freeze when trying to multi task. i have also heard that it is smarter to use a different app like the double twist player etc. if i use one of these will my music still play in the background while i am on the internet. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

jrwestenberg

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
The stock music player is mediocre on Android. Just like many other apps on the Android Market, there are always alternatives. If you're going to be listening to music fairly often, you might want to look into the Amazon MP3 Cloudplayer app (you can download this form the Amazon App Store). I would definitely recommend it because it just got a new update today.

To answer your other question, you can browse the internet or do anything else you want while listening to music. The music player is just another app that can be running in the background, and be turned off pretty easily.

I hope this helped! :)

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
for on is the stock music player any good?
Completely subjective question. There are those that are happy with the stock music app. there are those who are not. Try the stock app and take the alternatives out for a spin to determine your preference. The apps subforum is also handy for research.

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site
so im new to the droid world and ive searched the forums but havnt found anything. im more than likely going to buy a droid 2 global and i have a few questions about multitasking and the music player. for on is the stock music player any good? i have heard that it will freeze when trying to multi task. i have also heard that it is smarter to use a different app like the double twist player etc. if i use one of these will my music still play in the background while i am on the internet. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Yes, this is a very subjective question. The stock music app for me isn't my favorite, but others seem to prefer it. Doubletwist does the job: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayer&feature=search_result

My favorite though has been the Amazon Cloud Player. It can also be downloaded from the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.mp3&feature=search_result or the Amazon App Store.

Since it can stream and download, it has the features I need in a music player. I have encountered no issues multitasking while the music is playing either. Hope this helps you out.