Hello and welcome to my advanced volume sliders guide. The purpose of this guide is to help android users better understand the volume options on their devices. That, and I also got tired of re-using and slightly tweaking one of my "stock responses" every time I answered a question related to volume issues. There also seems to be a high volume of these types of questions (pun indefinetly intended) on Android Central. But I suppose I just like making these guides, and I'll use any excuse at this point...

If you're new to android or experiencing volume issues on your device (presuming your hardware is fine), then you likley aren't aware of how your devices volume works. But thats okay, my guide should help you. This applies to most android devices as I am uncertain if legacy devices worked this way. Your devices volume can be broken down into five categories:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Ringtone
    2. Notification sound
    3. Touch feedback & system
    4. Music, video, games & other media
    5. Hidden & unlisted sliders
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, outside of the obvious, some of this needs some explaining. The android OS usually can tell which slider to use in accordance with what your device is currently doing. However, this is not always the case, and sometimes just plain doesn't work. Some developers program their applications to use a certain slider for what their app does. Others, might not or simply don't for which ever reason. Because of this and the fact that android and it's creators are inherently flawed, means there's room for error. To view the current state of your sliders, turn your volume up or down, and while the current slider is on-screen, tap the little arrow next to the slider as seen here:

Like I said before most of the sliders are self explanitory, and are usually tied to the proper function. Sometimes you may need to change a different slider to get the result you want. I also mentioned hidden and unlisted sliders. These particular sliders only appear upon certain actions. I have only ever experenced two kinds of these: Phone conversation volume, and BlueTooth volume. The phone call volume hasn't always been it's own slider, and some devices use the primary volume for it. If this might not be your case, make a bogus call or call a friend to check. For the bluetooth volume, you will obviously need a wireless audio device. Try a bluetooth speaker, wireless ear piece/headset, or wireless head phones/earbuds. Once the device is connected and running, adjust the volume to see if it has a bluetooth volume control.

Important note for wireless devices!:
    With some wireless head phones or earbuds, they may also have their own internal volume on top of the devices volume. My current pair works this way, and if you suspect your's does as well, turn up the media slider on your device all the way up, then turn your wireless devices volume all the way up to test this. Well that's all I have for this one, I hope it helped you out.

Please like if you found my guide to be useful.
    05-01-2017 01:32 AM
    Mod note: Thread stuck. If the OP would like I (or nay Mod) can add the [Guide] header to the title.
    TGIS, Mr Mendelli and B. Diddy like this.
    05-01-2017 09:45 AM
    Mod note: Thread stuck. If the OP would like I (or nay Mod) can add the [Guide] header to the title.
    What do you mean by "Thread stuck"? I haven't seen that before. I do appreciate your advice, but I like keeping the titles I use.
    05-01-2017 12:13 PM
    Making a thread a "sticky" means that it gets stuck at the top of the thread list, so that it remains visible and easily accessible by anyone. It's a good thing!
    Golfdriver97, TGIS and Mr Mendelli like this.
    05-01-2017 01:37 PM
    Making a thread a "sticky" means that it gets stuck at the top of the thread list, so that it remains visible and easily accessible by anyone. It's a good thing!
    Can I make my own thread sticky, or is that up to the moderators?
    05-01-2017 01:56 PM
    Up to the Mods. But you can always send a PM to a Mod or Ambassador if you've created a guide and want to let us know so that we can review it and decide if it should be stickied.
    Mr Mendelli likes this.
    05-01-2017 02:05 PM