What are the prerequisites before using the rooter called "KingRoot"?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think so, but the product number is J4Y22AA.

Assuming the specs are about the same, this is my take:
You might see a slight increase in performance if you can disable stock HP apps that you don't use. This will free up some RAM to be used on the apps that you actually use. Here is the caveat; there is only 1 GB of RAM. Such a low amount on apps that are just getting more and more RAM hungry may not see much of an improvement.

Agon Salazar

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm quite hesitating to do that, since it tells you that "If you disable a built-in app, other apps may misbehave". What do you think?

Also, I changed my mind I don't want to root it with KingRoot, since some people found out that there's a malware with it. Can you teach me how to root? Not using any kind of rooter like the KingRoot.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think so, but the product number is J4Y22AA.

Assuming the specs are about the same, this is my take:
You might see a slight increase in performance if you can disable stock HP apps that you don't use. This will free up some RAM to be used on the apps that you actually use. Here is the caveat; there is only 1 GB of RAM. Such a low amount on apps that are just getting more and more RAM hungry may not see much of an improvement.

Agon Salazar

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm quite hesitating to do that, since it tells you that "If you disable a built-in app, other apps may misbehave". What do you think?

Also, I changed my mind I don't want to root it with KingRoot, since some people found out that there's a malware with it. Can you teach me how to root? Not using any kind of rooter like the KingRoot.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site

Keep in mind that rooting might not be a complete fix for all your issues. Once rooted you also take on a greater role in the general maintenance and upkeep of your tablet. Be very judicious about doing things like side-loading APKs, you're still better off sticking with apps from the Play Store. One 'nice' thing is since your carrier most likely won't be supporting your tablet model any more, you won't have to worry about OTA updates (OTA updates and rooted devices are generally not a good mix). Also, as you stated you want to clean out some of the built-in apps and optimize your tablet, with root privileges it's very easy for some to get over-zealous and remove apps and services that are actually necessary for your table to function. (You're much better off disabling items first, waiting to see if everything is still working OK, and then removing them later if necessary.)

As for one-click rooting apps like KingRoot, they are indeed an issue. They often do things like mess with your browser homepage, alter default search engines, and typically link themselves to anonymous servers overseas. That's how they pay their bills, they monetize their services. It's not an all-bad situation though, for a lot of mobile device models there is no viable option to root, plus once you're rooted locking down and securing your device is much easier (i.e. if say, Kingo, is connecting to its home office you can just block its online connectivity so none of your personal data can be shared.)

But again, rooting won't be a magic cure for any ills, it will be a matter of you also take on the responsibility to research those alleged 'cures' before you actually perform them. So just think about why you want or need to root your tablet. I'm tentatively suggesting you might want to try to manually root your tablet - here's a link from XDA Developers, a generally respected Android site, to read through (carefully):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2684210
By tentatively, I am hesitant. Rooting any device using whatever method can be risky and there is a likely chance if something goes wrong that the device gets bricked. With a lot of mobile devices, if a factory stock ROM is available so there's often a 'back door' escape where to rescue a bricked device, re-flashing the stock ROM will restore it to working condition again. Doing I quick search I wasn't having much luck finding if a stock ROM is available for your model of tablet, contacting HP directly to see if it's available might be the prudent thing to do if you do opt to root your tablet.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for the delay. @smvim linked a pretty good thread to try to root your device. I couldn't find a device specific method to root your tablet, nor could I find a custom recovery that was for your tablet, so you will have to give what he linked a try.

I do agree with trying to find the stock ROMs before you try to root, just in case you need to get the device back up and running again.

As for instructing how to root:
The basic steps are unlock the bootloader (this will erase your device), install a custom recovery with fastboot commands, reboot into the custom recovery and flash a superuser script file.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
With only 1 GB of RAM and a 1GHz processor, I'm thinking you won't see any noticeable improvements in performance. As was mentioned above, the apps you do keep are still going to grow in resource demands over time, and those specs just won't cut it today for most people. I have a backup phone with specs a little better than your tablet and it's pretty laggy now even with a fresh factory reset.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: What are the prerequisites before using the rooter called "KingRoot"?

I am planning to root my HP 8 G2 tablet.

Reasons: 1. I want the built-in apps to be removed.
2. Hoping that I can make it faster.
I would srtonly advise against using KingRoot. As a hacker, I don't trust it. The app hands out your devices IMEI, which comes with it's own risks. I've also analyzed the DEX of the app, and there are some suspicous scripts within...

Chinly Lee

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Some of my friends rooted their android phones with this KingRoot app, and they said it was ok and quite easy to use. I am going to try it and tell you the result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34