Glare in pictures ?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Not sure where to post this. Mods please re-locate as necessary.

When I take snap shots I get this awful hazy glare from bright objects in the image. I have tried cleaning my camera lens, (carefully) to no avail.

How can I eliminate them? my phone is an LG V10... thanks!!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Sure... thanks!! The pics below aren't even that bad. I have some that are far worse. Images below represent an "average" case.

Foggy haze from the sky all over this image, but most prominent on the left.. Red lights in the center, which really are not nearly as bright as camera depicts.
0528171724_zpsz21luh1o.jpg

0528171723_zpspj07kww8.jpg

Its even worse at night... again this pic is actually one of the better examples.
0528172110_HDR_zpsxu2szbab.jpg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If the front glass is indeed good, it looks like there might be a light haze of condensation somewhere inside the lens. That might be difficult to see, unless it's on the inside of the front glass.
Some phones have a lens glass protector which is not always easy to identify as such, nor obvious whether it ought to be removed, but I imagine you've examined yours closely.

Last edited:

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Definitely not good!
If you were shooting with a DSLR, I would tell you to remove the cheap "protective" UV filter on you lens.

For the phone's camera, you are definitely looking to "fix" the lens.
Make sure the static-cling protector from the factory is removed.
Make sure no cases or protective covers are on/over the lens.
Clean the lens.
Try using a bright flashlight to see if there is anything on the inside. If yes, you will need a repair shop.

If you don't get it figured out, you will probably need to take it to a repair shop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000