ZTE Blade X Max

DBeLL84

May 30, 2017
Visit site
I just got the ZTE Blade X Max from Cricket the other day, and am wondering about notifications. On my old phone, I would always get notifications on the top bar, as well as my app icons would have the numbered amount of unread notifications on them. My texting app, Chomp also doesn't show the amount of unread texts on the badge icon. Does the ZTE Blade X Max not support that or is there somehow to fix these?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The unread count badges on app icons are specific to the launcher (i.e., the customized user interface). Not all launchers support unread count badges, and the OEM launchers that do support them only do so for some of the more common apps, like Facebook or Twitter. If you install a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher (and its TeslaUnread add-on), you can have more flexibility with the badges.

Are you saying that with your current phone, you're not getting certain notifications in the notification bar? Which ones?

DBeLL84

May 30, 2017
Visit site
I am getting my regular texts in the notification bar, but when someone adds me, comments or posts to my wall, or I get a message in Messenger, it doesn't show anything until I actually open the app itself.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already checked your Facebook account settings to make sure it's set to notify you for those events? Also check the Messenger app's settings as well to make sure the notifications are set appropriately.

DBeLL84

May 30, 2017
Visit site
Yes, they are all set as it worked the day before on my previous phone... lol. I checked out the TeslaUnread, and to get the notifications you have to pay. Has anyone bought this and does it work well? Don't wait to buy it and it not do what I need.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Nova prime is well worth the cost. Best launcher IMHO.

Tesla works very well on Nova Prime for the badge count. I am using it on my ZTE Zmax Pro

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, Nova Prime is excellent. Gives you lots of control over how the launcher looks and behaves, and is very stable and reliable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12