Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

That works really well. I dont like how you have to manually reconnect the app when you change from WiFi to Mobile and vice-versa, but its not that big of an issue. The app cost more then $2.99 right now, but $4.99 isn't a bad price when you consider that you will not use anymore of your carrier voice minutes when using this app. Plus a one-time cost is better then a monthly cost. So I'm impressed! Just please don't start charging a per-month fee. That would be horrible!

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 11-03-2011 at 11:43 PM.

I'm still digging this app big time, but when I make calls over 3G, a lot of the calls tend to have static. Is there any settings in the app that would help decrease the static? Like how there is settings to fix echos. Or am I just stuck with the static, because its a network speed issue, not the apps problem?

Default Re: [GUIDE] Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP

So how well does this work with multi-tasking? Can it run silently in the background and notify you of an incoming call? Let's say I'm using mobile Winamp and listening to music and I receive a call...what does it do?

So far GIP has been great. However i tried it using my companies Avaya OneX call back system and when I have to enter voice mail passwords or conference call passcodes the 4 key is intercepted by Google Voice and I get a msg stating "This call is being recorded". Hit 4 again and "Recording is now off". seems to happen to a couple other keys as well.

Anyone have this setup?

Thanks

Does anyone else here have the Talking Caller ID app installed on their phone, along with this app? Does the Talking Caller ID app speak while your making a call using GrooVe IP? Mine does and I don't know how to stop it from happening; besides turning the Talking Caller ID app off altogether.

Question Re: [GUIDE] Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP

is it possible to receive calls to my cell number using groove ip ? Or do the calls have to be made to
    my GV number only for them to go to groove ip ?

You need to enable chat!
    Thanked by:

I have chat enabled - outgoing calls can be made thru G IP - all incoming calls to my cell number go
    directly to T-Mob Wifi - only incoming calls using my GV number go to G IP - I think this is just the way
    it is - I was hoping there was a way to get the incoming calls to my cell number to go thru G IP too.
    Thanks for your reply - I'm not a techie so all input is appreciated.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dennis mcgean View Post
    I have chat enabled - outgoing calls can be made thru G IP - all incoming calls to my cell number go
    directly to T-Mob Wifi - only incoming calls using my GV number go to G IP - I think this is just the way
    it is - I was hoping there was a way to get the incoming calls to my cell number to go thru G IP too.
    To do what you want, you could port your cell phone number to Google Voice, then get a different number for your cell phone. That way all calls to your old cell would go through GV. Of course you would want to check with your carrier so you don't get ETF.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by RonBonnell View Post
    To do what you want, you could port your cell phone number to Google Voice, then get a different number for your cell phone. That way all calls to your old cell would go through GV. Of course you would want to check with your carrier so you don't get ETF.
    We will have to start giving out 2 numbers either way - which is not terrible - we were lucky enough to get
    a GV number only one digit different from the cell number so this can work out - I don't want to mess
    with the porting issue - it's two numbers both ways so we'll try it out this way - still a useful app -
    thanks for your input

How much battery does it consume when constantly on?

Quote Originally Posted by slikkk View Post
    How much battery does it consume when constantly on?
    Not too much, but each phone is different.

For some reason, the person on the other end keeps getting echo even with echo cancelling checked.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

This thing about Flurries.com true?

Thanks for the tips! The trick was to follow your instructions not to have any other forwarding numbers besides the google chat/email. Once I did that it rings through just perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by dennis mcgean View Post
    Go into google voice app settings on your phone and select "Do not Use Google Voice to make calls" Groove Ip already does this for you. Now try again to see if you get incoming calls. This worked for me on EVO Shift.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dkd711 View Post
    Go into google voice app settings on your phone and select "Do not Use Google Voice to make calls" Groove Ip already does this for you. Now try again to see if you get incoming calls. This worked for me on EVO Shift.
    Thanks for the input - I can't find that setting in the G IP app settings - is it down under a higher level option ?

found 1.2.10 apk free...can i use this?
    Last edited by prabee; 02-17-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Why has no one fixed the issue where the "Talking Caller ID" app runs while making calls through Groove? When I make calls using your app, the Talking Caller ID app reads out the name of that contact, as the call is being made; which is really annoying. Can someone please prevent this from happening?

Sent From My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk ---

I have two issues with the setup on my Nexus4 that I've not been able to resolve and hope someone can help.

1. I've not been able to find the correct combination of settings such that a call to my Google Voice number rings my Nexus4 without using plan minutes. As I'm on the t-mobile $30/month plan with only 100 minutes, this will be a problem.

2. When I receive an incoming call, my Nexus4 screen goes black until the call is terminated on the other end. I've adjusted my setting to lengthen the amount of time before the screen sleeps, but this does not appear to be the issue and it didn't resolve the problem.

Help and suggestions greatly appreciated!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123