[GUIDE] Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP
Groove IP makes things simple. It cuts out the need for several programs or services. You no longer need to use Google Call Back (GV callback/Voice+), a SIP Provider (sipgate) or Sip Client (sipdroid/csipsimple). The downside? It's not a totally free solution. See below for what you need.
- A Google Voice account (Free)
- Groove IP (Cost $2.99)
Google Voice Setup
- Sign up for a account if you do not already have one. Google will give you a local number.
- Once Signed in, click the Settings Gear icon in the top right corner. Image
- Make sure your Google Voice is not forwarding to any other phones. I have mine set to forward to Google Chat/Gmail. Image
Groove IP Setup
- Purchase the app and install it on your android phone.
- Sign in with your google voice account.
- There are various preferences when clicking the Settings button.
Note #1: Have problems with the party not being able to hear you? Go to Settings>Troubleshooting, and enable the Audio Routing Hack.
Note #2: The app is still under heavy development.
Note #3: A update was released to help with audio routing issue's.
Add new settings in troubleshooting to fix call quality on some phones (If you have stuttering/choppy voice try the new Audio Processing settings)