Market remembers my old phone. Says things are installed that aren't. Won't give me.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
How can I get the Market to forget my old phone but remember my apps and give them to me on my new phone?

I returned a Thunderbolt for an Incredible 2. At some point during set up and initial playing with it, I realized the phone had downloaded a bunch of the apps that had been on my Thunderbolt. I don't remember telling it to do that, but that's fine - that's what I wanted. But a status update told me it had done a "partial" restore of apps or some similar message. Why partial? I don't know. Some error I guess. But I had loads of apps on the Thunderbolt and many are missing from the Dinc2. So I went to the market website on my computer and would look at a given app. It would say I had it installed. But I didn't. And it wouldn't give me the button to install it. Both of my phones show up in the market settings.

I want to delete the Thunderbolt from my market account so it will stop saying I have those apps and let me have them. But I don't want it to delete the list. I could handwrite out all these apps and then redownload through the phone one by one, but I'm hoping for a simpler and automated solution. Tips?

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
OK the solution here was A.) Time, and B.) manual redownloads of the ones that didn't download automatically for whatever reason. I think it just took some time for the Market to recognize my new phone. Because eventually I was able to go to the "My Library" and "Orders" sections of Market settings via my computer and be offered the Incredible 2 as an option to download to. So I went through item by item and redownloaded them from those lists. Though my list of apps in "My Library" cut off part way through the letter S in the alphabet, I was able to go to the "Orders" section and see a chronological list of what I had originally downloaded to the Thunderbolt and so was able to find and redownload the ones after S in the alphabet. So, not quite resolved, but over with.