Can't delete a contact - HELP!

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so...all my contacts are syncing from Google. All is fine.

I wanted to bring a business card in as a contact, so I took a picture of it via Google Goggles, made sure all the info looked good, and saved it as a contact. I guess I didn't say to save it to Google, since it never showed up on my Google account online.

When I search for the contact, it says it's a "phone" contact. It doesn't give me an option to delete it. If I scroll alphabetically to find the contact, it doesn't show up at all (first or last name). If I look to hide all my Google Contacts, it doesn't show, nor are there any contacts saved to the phone.

How the heck do I get this contact off my phone?? This one has me puzzled.

vbonura

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. It seems that goggles is saving the contact to the "phone" contacts. it doesn't show up in my gmail contacts and the only way to find it is to search contacts but like you said you cannot delete or move to gmail contacts. doesn't make sense

thunderbolt

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
To fix it, I usually just log into gmail from a desktop/laptop. Go to contacts, select Other Contacts, select the contacts in question, then click the Add To My Contacts button.

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem as well. Can't find a way to delete the contact that was scanned via Google Goggles. Logged into my Gmail account and looked for other contacts, but it isn't there. Uninstalled Goggles and the contact is still there. One other thing that I noticed is that the contact is listed and then under the name it shows "HTC weather sync provider". My other contacts show Google or Exchange, so I'm assuming this might be part of the issue.

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went to the market and downloaded Contact Remover from HolyHog Software and I was able to use it to remove the contacts I added with Goggles.

Reactions: IamJAd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney