Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disable contact history

I've been scouring these forums for a while and have not found my answer.

I'm brand new to Android and thought this might be a common problem.

I have the new Samsung Charge and under "Contacts", there is a "History" button that records all of my recent calls, messages, facebook messages, myspace messages (no clue why this is even on there), and twitter messages.

I want to be able to shut off archiving into this history folder. I can simply shut off what is displayed, but it will still archive everything. I am finding it annoying to have to delete things in two places if I need to.

Any help? I just don't want my text messages being saved in my history because they are going to be deleted anyway.

Thanks for any help, and I apologize if this has been answered before. I just couldn't find it after a few hours of browsing around on here.

I would also like the answer to the question when you get it. But in the mean time you indicated that you can shut off the display of the history? I was wondering how you did that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1376 View Post
    I would also like the answer to the question when you get it. But in the mean time you indicated that you can shut off the display of the history? I was wondering how you did that.
    If you're still looking for how to do this, it's pretty simple.

Go into "Contacts" -> "History", then hit the menu button (the bottom left button). Tap "view by". A menu will pop up where you can shut off messages you don't need to see.

Unfortunately, the history is still recorded.

Also, if you hit "Delete" instead of "View By", you can then just delete your entire history.

I wanted to avoid this step, but it appears that this is what's necessary to clear everything out.