Phone reception

Razanbuddu

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, first post.

I am looking into getting a nexus one, but i have an issue currently with my cell phone reception. I have a Samsung A737 on AT&T, inside my apartment I get no reception. i'll occasionally receive phone calls but more often then not will be told emergency calls only unless i go out on the porch, and even there reception is not good. I don't live out in the boonies, i live in Raleigh, NC. I was just wondering whether there is a chance that my reception problem is just my phone, and maybe the nexus one would do better. Multiple people have been in my apartment with Verizon phones and have gotten perfect reception, but a few at&t phones (all older samsungs and a T-mobile prepaid moto) have been of various levels of bad reception (aka unusable). I really don't want to have to move to Verizon and pick up that bill (currently still on parents family plan) but i may have to because not receiving calls in my apartment is just too much.

Is there any chance that a newer, nicer phone (N1) will get better reception? :confused:

Thanks
Razanbuddu

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I would say probably not, but you could always give it a shot. I would say give sprint a whirl. There are some that would say they are "terrible" but the truth is that they roam on verizon towers. Good luck with your decision.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's possible that your phone is contributing to the problem but if other at&t phones are having reception issues at your home then I doubt that's the case.

Despite what many people apparently believe, it doesn't matter if you live in the boonies or not. I live in the 4th largest city in the US and every carrier has holes in coverage here (just like any other city).

If you had good coverage outdoors and bad coverage indoors you could get a repeater. However, your options are pretty much a microcell or some sort of VOIP solution or switching to a carrier that does have good coverage at your home. I've definitely been there are done that.

mrjam3s

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the same probable with AT&T a few years ago. I could not get reception at my house, and I was less than a mile from downtown. Repeated calls were futile. So I switched to Verizon have had no reception problems since.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888