Internet access through wifi

BlackKnight

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Inspire 4G and need help, this isn?t a phone specific question, I believe this would fall under Android OS question. I am trying to connect to the internet through wifi. I can connect to the wifi radio but I cannot connect to the internet. The way the wifi is here once connected and you open your browser it will redirect you to a login page. I am not seeing this login page at all. I have tried to manual enter the address and it still does not connected. I have changed the browser setting so it will view full websites instead of trying to view mobile if available. I have turned off the popup blocker. I am not sure what else I can do. I can connect to this internet fine with Windows, OS X, and iPhones / iPods just not with Android based device. Any suggestions or ideas? I am in Iraq on post so this is why I am only trying to connect wifi. There is no special configuration or anything it uses DHCP automatic settings and not static.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Question, when you turn WiFi on, in the settings, you should be able to search for available connections. Are any showing up?

If they do, you should be able to Connect to one. And if you can't get the login page in your browser, or if it will not connect, I might guess that your provider has somehow, in all their infinate wisdom, butchered the OS so that it will not allow a WiFi connection, unless you are connected to their network.

It wouldn't surprise me any. Heck, I don't even know if they can do that or not, as the Wifi should run independant of the network.

BlackKnight

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I connect to the radio and I'm connect even showing what appears to be a good IP 10.3.195.19 the issue is when I launch browser I dint get the login screen. I know the block game systems xbox and ps3.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, if they block game systems, then it may be an issue.

When you select the available network, do you get promoted for a password entry?

I'm outta my league here, but just trying to cover the bases.

BlackKnight

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's an open network, anyone can connect. The login is a separate function to actually use the Internet, no matter what website you type in you will be redirected to login then you can access the internet.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, although we have a lot of smart guys here, unfortunately, due to the time differences, they are probably still asleep or waking up.

I can suggest xda-developers.com, and post it in your phone specific forum. Because frankly, I'm outta answers here.

On a different note, you guys keep doing a bang up job over there, and come home safe. I did my time in the 1st GW.

BlackKnight

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! Comments like that are appreciated, there are several misinformed people that like to think what they see or read in the news is the only truth. It's always nice to see people that are more understanding and realist that know there's more to the story then whats on the news or in the papers.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! Comments like that are appreciated, there are several misinformed people that like to think what they see or read in the news is the only truth. It's always nice to see people that are more understanding and realist that know there's more to the story then whats on the news or in the papers.

Yeah, most people are media sheep..... And a lot still think we have long queues here just to get bread....

As for your original issue, I can't help much, as I run a custom ROM, and as such, my settings are completely different from yours. I might also add you may want to ask around for other Android users, post a message on the info boards, and see what's up with them. Also, check your IT admin for suggestions.

If you need anything else, you can always PM me. There are some Trolls on here, who are quick to point out if something is "Off Topic".

Always "check your 6"

BlackKnight

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well my friend walked through the steps to install app without Internet. We installed DolphinHD Browser still no luck pulling up login screen. Is there a certain program that may work for this?