Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default One Gmail account - husband/wife contacts on different Android phones

Is it possible to have one Gmail account and have different contacts sync to either husband/wife's phone depending on label in Gmail contacts?
    I have friends in our Gmail contacts that I want to show up on my phone only and have wife's friends only show up on her phone. Contacts that we both know, will need to show up on both our (Android) phones.
    I know we can have two Gmail accounts and sync that way, but we have a family Gmail email that suits us both. It's just the contacts we want filtered to each phone.
    My search seems only to bring up multiple Gmail accounts and not one account sharing different contacts.
    Help please...!
    Thanks very much.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Go into Contacts on one phone.

Then hit menu and display options.

From there you can choose what contacts to display.

This might still sync them all but will only show you the contacts you want.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Thanks very much for the tip, but I looked under those settings and never saw anything about which contacts I could sync. This is what comes up for me:

I'm using an HTC EVO.

It will sync ALL contacts from that one account.
    Gonna be time consuming if you have lots of contacts but sync both phone and delete the one off the phone you don't want and same for the wife's phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    ...but sync both phone and delete the one off the phone you don't want and same for the wife's phone.
    Will that not then delete some of my contacts? I'm not sure what you mean by your quote.

Quote Originally Posted by IconBoy View Post
    Thanks very much for the tip, but I looked under those settings and never saw anything about which contacts I could sync. This is what comes up for me:
    Have you created any contact groups in your Google account?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Have you created any contact groups in your Google account?
    No, I have not. Only thing I have done is create labels.