1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Number of Rings before Voicemail

On HTC Inspire, how do I change the number of rings or time before an incoming call goes to VM? The default settings seem low and most of my calls are going to VM before I can get the phone answered.

Quote Originally Posted by frapha View Post
    On HTC Inspire, how do I change the number of rings or time before an incoming call goes to VM? The default settings seem low and most of my calls are going to VM before I can get the phone answered.
    That's usually a setting you need to change with your carrier. In most cases you can dial into your voice mail and change options over the phone.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

VM isn't a phone feature. It's a carrier feature. Also, you don't set number of rings. You set the ring length. Number of rings = ring length / ringtone length.

There's a *61 feature code that works for many GSM carriers. You'd have to Google for details though. Otherwise, call your carrier.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

There is an app called AirVoice, which will act as voicemail for your phone. Avoid additional carrier charges depending on plan.

Only issue, is the phone MUST be rooted, and is ify-ify on some types of phones or ROMs.

ROM
    UnNamed2.2.1/EntropyDD

Default *61 code to reset ring length

On most Droids, and most carriers:

1. Dial *#61# and click Send. You will see your VM access number and the current ring delay time.
    2. Write down the phone number displayed (including +1).
    3. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum.
    4. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.
    Last edited by chaplain; 06-09-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by frapha View Post
    I have AT&T. Not sure if these other methods work, but I called customer service and they took care of it. They set it by time, not rings, so try to figure out how long it is right now (or they can probably tell you) to determine how long you want them to make it.

ROM
    UnNamed2.2.1/EntropyDD

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    I have AT&T. Not sure if these other methods work, but I called customer service and they took care of it. They set it by time, not rings, so try to figure out how long it is right now (or they can probably tell you) to determine how long you want them to make it.
    The *61, etc. method works for AT&T, which is what I have, and, from what I have read on the blogs, works for most carriers. It is a system, and not a phone, setting, but what you are doing with the *61, etc. is telling the system what you want, and using your phone to do it.

Default Re: Number of Rings before Voicemail

I tried that, it doesnt work