Any potential dangers of rooting my samsung galaxy 2?

Senden

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Now I understand the security risks of having the device rooted this isn't about that but more about the dangers of the actual rooting process like bricking my phone and stuff. Anyhow there is an app I really want to get for my Samsung Galaxy S 2 which requires me to root my phone for it to load (Voodoo Control Plus) and I'm about to do it however seeing how important my phone is to me and not really wanting to risk bricking it, I'm a little bit apprehensive.

Is there any dangers in that regard that I should know about? Also will it change any of my phone's settings? I'm on an 02 contract and I'd hate for it to take away my ability to use their 3g service on the go or something.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Rooting will not change any of your settings or modify your ROM in any way except to give you Superuser Permissions.

There is always a risk when rooting, but your best bet is to go slowly. Read the directions. Read the directions. Read the directions. Then Follow the Directions. It seems silly but most people get in trouble by not following the directions carefully.

Have fun!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What Pville said. Understand the process first before attempting to root and you will not have problems. Also remember to install custom mods specific to you're device only.