Optimus v desperate need of help

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently rootrd phone with super one click with no prob. Flashed recovery with clockwork mod i downloaded a google rom from the clokworkmod app. It backedup everything on my phone and when the new rom was launched, all my accounts (g mail, google face book) all my downloaded apps including android market are no longer on phone. Everthing is still on sd card but now that market is gone i can not re install clockwork mod, titanium backup, or n e other apps that i had. Its a completely naked phone. How do i restore or get access to the content on sd card with no file explorer and no market !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to download the Google Apps (Gapps) file from ROM Manager and install that. Seems like you installed an AOSP ROM, which does not include any of the Google applications as part of the ROM package; you need to download and install it separately.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
that sounds like exactly what happened how do i install the google apps file from rommanager if i dont have market is there a way to install without market and i figured out how to boot into recovery mode, and it is the clockwork mod recovery but i cant select any of the options. i plugged it into my laptop via usb and my pc showed a installing drivers window, and google driver was one of them along with several others.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
that sounds like exactly what happened how do i install the google apps file from rommanager if i dont have market is there a way to install without market and i figured out how to boot into recovery mode, and it is the clockwork mod recovery but i cant select any of the options. i plugged it into my laptop via usb and my pc showed a installing drivers window, and google driver was one of them along with several others.

Is there a Google apps file available through ROM Manager? Check for it. If not, go here: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread) - xda-developers

There is a download link called:
gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

Download it and flash it from Recovery.

*Edit*
Here is the AC Forum Link for the Optimus V, it has useful information in the stickies that you might want to review: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/

Let me know if you need help getting the Gapps to load.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok cool. i cant access any of the options when i boot into recovery is there a way to manually install. (sorry this was my first root so i dont know alot of terms or.....well i just dont know alot about this stuff im an idiot for downloading something when i didnt know what it was)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Power off the phone, then hold home+power on until the recovery screen shows. You have an option to "install zip from sd card" (make sure you know where the file is saved). Go to the gapps file and accept it (I think you accept with the power button and toggle up and down with the volume rocker). When it finishes it will let you know that it was successful or not. Reboot and you should be good to go.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok i got it to recovery mode but i am unable to select any of the options whenever i push the power button, it just goes to a black screen with nothing but the clockwork mod logo and then back to the options list

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
oh and also my home button does not work. it still works, activates screen when sleeping ligths up when pushed but it has no function ne more. is there any thing i can do about this.man this really sucks. i really really liked my phone. now its just a phone with web and text that i paid almost 200 bucks for. y am i so stupid.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok the camera button on the side is how u select an option. geeez. ok now, if i select reboot recovery will that fix it. how do i restore to the way it was brfore i put this crap on it. thats what the recovery is right. and it did properlly backup everythimg on sd card do i wipe n e thin. uuhh im so excited that i figured out how ton select an option. and even though its not fixed yet i want to give u a humongous thank u for helping me. but any way before downloading this stupid no app rom i did like i said succesfully back up everything via clockwork mod.how do i revert back to before i downloaded this crap. sorry if repeating my self my 1 yr old son and 7 yr old daughter are being monsters DO I JUST RESTORE AND IF SO THERE IS RESTORE AND ADVANCED RESTORE

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Before u restore go into recovery and wipe data cache and dalvik. Dalvik is under advanced.

Then you will be good to follow the process below

In recovery click on backup/ restore. Then choose restore then it should put you in the clockworkmod backup folder choose the backup you made if u named it choose that name but if u didn't it will be the timestamp of when u created the backup. Click on it and confirm.

It will flash back your backup and your phone will be back to how it was b4 u flashed that aosp. I'm sure the custom rom you have is Better than the stock. And flashing the gapps is nothing. I think you should read 10+ hours more about your device and the proper terminology we all use for android. And never flash something you don't know anything about. I hope you fix your problem man. Just read more and all this will be simple later on when you choose your next custom rom
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What kaefbaml said. I'm trying to help you get it back up and running. Since you don't know what's going on its a bit more complicated and something small is being blown out of proportion. The phone is probably fine and only needs to be wiped of data (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache, which can be done from recovery.

You'll get it back up and running just restore the backup or get the phone booted and see how things pan out.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
ok well i restored it and everything is back to normal. i did not however wpe dalvik cache before i did it, can i go back into recovery mode and wipe it any way or should i just leave it. and how big of an issue is it if ididnt do this if any. i did notice my sd card has alot less available memory. before i did all this it had around 1.29 gb out of a total of 1.84gb now it has 0.96gb out of 1.84gb. is this due to all the stuff i backed up on titanium backup (all system and non user apps and data) or something to do with not wiping dalvik? and again thank u so much for all ur help. i know to u guys it seems like just a small setback, but to me, my lack of experience in this area made it seem like i pretty much had a standerd (non smart phone) phone cell phone with only phone, text, and basic web that i paid almost 200 dollars for. i was seriously considering selling my brand new laptop just to get a new one cuz i thought what i did was un-reversable. so thank u so much for kinda guiding me through this.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks kaefbaml. u r absolutely right, i had no business downloading rom i knew nothing about. i invested about three weeks researching and learning what root was and how to do it before i finally did it, and i did it succesfully on first attempt. but i was so eager to start changing things once i rooted that i grabbed the first thing my grubby little hands could get a hold of. big mistake yet a great learning experience. this is my first smart phone, first attempt at rooting hacking modding, first pc......first everything when it came to this, i am grateful that i didnt mess up worse than i did and that there r people like the 2 of u that offer help to people like me. again greatly appreciated. after dalvik issue is cleared (if possible) my phone is back to stock plus permanent root access via super one click and i did remove several factory apps (i did back them up first) ex. twidroyd, virgin live, scvngr, etc.. any tips or advice on a good rom i can use. i really just want to change the look and feel of phone, custom boot image,aftermarket theme, etc. u know what i mean. besides that what else can i do with root

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You have more control with root. Just keep looking around and browse through the Optimus V forum to learn more and what you can do with your specific device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci