Lotus Notes contacts

glittergirlnz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Im running a Samsung Galaxy S2 which I have set up on the Notes Traveler server (8.5.2.2).
My email and calendar all work fine on it and I can do a look up on our corporate directory but I cannot get my local address book in Notes to sync with my Galaxy S2.

We have tried ticking and unticking the contacts field on the server - this makes no difference.
The tick is in contacts on the device and shows in accounts and sync as syncing between the server and my device. But it just does not want to appear on the phone at all. :(

My contacts are set to replicate on my Notes client and worked fine when I was set up as both a blackberry and iPhone user but Im not having any luck with the android

Any suggestions??

Funky Cricket

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Get Exchange server and ditch notes? :p

Sorry I know that's not helpful, just surprised anyone uses that any more. We only ever get calls on it to do a migration to Exchange, never to upgrade or install.

glittergirlnz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Trust me if I could convince the company to move to Exchange I would!!! However there is talk we might move to BPOS which doesnt really help me at the moment as we are still using Notes :-\

jackhaen

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How did go about setting your device up on the traveler server? I have an iPad which was a selection on the configure device menu. Thanks in advance for any help.

glittergirlnz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
On Traveler 8.5.2 Android and Apple are both available.
I navigated to our Traveler server via the web browser on my Android clicked on configure Android, entered my email address, password, and the traveler server and it worked - except my local address book.
I did the same when we tested it with the iPhone and iPad and both of them worked and pushed through my local address book from Notes. So Im not entirely sure why Im not getting my local address book on the android unless it has something to do the with Notes App on the phone....????

I need a android smilie that shows me pulling me hair out ...:-\

glittergirlnz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry just realised you asked how it was set up on the server.
Unfortunately I dont have access to the server so Im not entirely sure ... but I do know that the policy in place is the same for both the Apple devices and the Android devices

davemccann

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi we moved from exchange to Notes 9 and also use traveller. We came from exchange and I hate to say this but Notes is far better than exchange 2013. I have used exchange and since 5.5 and I like you thought the newer versions of exchange was better but I was wrong. We also use traveller and it works well.

Upgrading Notes is a joy in comparison to exchange plus the backend just keeps running. We never have any down time unlick exchange. Performance is better and we have no requirement to cache mailfiles locally. Larger cached mailboxes just don't work in comparison and if you have multiple then it’s a complete disaster. iNotes in 9 is also very good.

If you want any advice let me know or if you’re having doubts about notes I will try to help.

davemccann

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
One more point once you start down the Microsoft route you have limited options. Plus the costs just keep going up the further down the road your go.

Open source! its the only way to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007