Problem with Contacts (how to delete from google)

RJM603

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am a current and PROUD owner of the HTC Droid Incredible. However I am having problems with contact syncing. A few months ago I purchased a Motorola Xoom. When I set it up, my contacts didn't come over to the Xoom right away. So, I went to my phone and exported the contacts, copied that file to the Xoom, and imported them. Shortly after this, the Xoom downloaded the contacts from Google, so then there were two copies of each contact now. It then updated the contacts to Google. I went into my contacts and deleted all the duplicates, but I guess Google thinks that I might have done this on accident and didn't want to delete all those duplicate contacts.

Now, whenever I update my ROM on my phone, it updates from Google with the duplicate contacts. So what I am stuck doing is disabling the contact sync, and have to backup the contacts whenever i make changes.

What I want is to find out how to delete the current phone contacts from the google servers, then enable the sync option again, and have it backup the contacts from my phone. I just don't know how to delete the contacts that are on google right now. Please help me AndroidCentral, your my only hope.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The contacts are synced to your Gmail, so you can just go in there and delete them. Then clear them out on your phone, turn on sync, and you should be good to go.

10 points for the Star Wars reference ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance