Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default voice message icon won't go away! I have NO messages.

My EVO did an automatic update, now, it shows that I have voice message, but, when I call my voice message, it tells me that I have no new messages. Then my phone will randomly signal that I have a new voice message ... but, nothing is there. I have tried shutting the phone off, taking out the battery and doing a phone update ... nothing helps .... now what?

try going to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. Look for your voice mail app then select it and hit clear data.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

I thought, excuse me if I'm wrong, voicemail was a provider function?

I would check any type of Notification options. All Providers are unique in this, as in what options they have.

Global Posts
    10,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Try rebooting the phone if the problem persists; a hard reset if it's still not fixed.

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Go to settings>call>clear voicemail notification
    It's a temporary fix but I'll work until we get another update

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Your voicemail can be managed by your carrier or an app like Google Voice. I haven't been on my stock rom in a while so I can't recall if there is a native app that appears in applications. It sounds like what garrettfarnum says might be what I was trying to instruct you to do. Consider not having your carrier provide the service, Google Voice gives you really great visual voice mail for free and you don't even have to call a number to get your messages.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Bendroid55 View Post
    Your voicemail can be managed by your carrier or an app like Google Voice. I haven't been on my stock rom in a while so I can't recall if there is a native app that appears in applications. It sounds like what garrettfarnum says might be what I was trying to instruct you to do. Consider not having your carrier provide the service, Google Voice gives you really great visual voice mail for free and you don't even have to call a number to get your messages.
    Yes, there is visual voicemail but even if you've listened to all of them it's still there. I've been all over this phone trying to find a fix but the one I posted seems to be the only one so far.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Default Re: voice message icon won't go away! I have NO messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendroid55 View Post
    nice suggestion but we want the notification on stock to work properly. That doesn't help our issue.
    but thanks anyway
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1