Please help with backup/sync. New to Android.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry if this is covered already...I am getting lost and mix info in searching.

I just got an Infuse, after using iphone for 3 years.

One thing I really liked about Apple's setup is that the backup was very thorough. After backing up,I could go exchange my phone or master reset it all....then plug into itunes and hit restore/sync and the whole phone was put back in exact condition/status as the last one. All the apps back and right where you had them before, all the music, sms, settings, etc. As far as I remember, everything was back exactly like before.

I am having trouble finding how to do this on the Infuse android.

It seems there are progams for the andorid, but some do this, or that, but not this....

Is there ONE program that backups EVERYTHING on the phone, and can be used to fully restore phone if needed?

Thanks in advance for help...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to be rooted in order to do an entire system backup. There are custom Recovery's that you'll use to make the backup.

Titanium Backup and My backup Pro will backup various parts of the phones system, but with root access only. Things like contacts and calendar will be sync'ed with Google so you can just restore if you ever need to. MMS/SMS can be backed up with apps, no root access required.

If you are looking for an entire system backup, then you'll need to have root access.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As said, iTunes is better at this.

← Click the Getting Started button at the top of any forum.

Then click on the Backup, Restore or Transfer Apps, FIles, and Settings section.

"Apps like MyBackup Pro ($5), or the 30-day trial version can automatically backup your Applications, Photos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, Texts, Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Playlists, and more to your microSD (or SD) card or to their Online cloud servers without root. If you are rooted, it will also backup Apps settings and data."

But without root you cannot back up everything.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Quite honestly I feel lost with this new phone....a whole bunch of questions and not many clear answers.

On this one I went BackUp Pro.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple has this down for the consumer out of the box. Keep looking through the forums, you'll grasp Android and how to use it to its fullest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1