1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to sign out of Email app on android(samsung galaxy s 4g)

Hello everyone, I had some quick questions.

I signed into the Email app(not gmail) with my yahoo account and now I can't log out, I searched for a sign out button but couldnt find one, I'd really hate to factory reset my phone.

2nd question: My phone resets by itself each day most of the time when I'm browsing the market, a question mark will appear over the battery icon or a blocked sign(the circle with the slash running through it) will come up, the screen goes black for 10-15 seconds, the home/back/settings buttons are still lit up. Should I just exchange it for a different one since it's been giving me these problems? Also, Inception came on the phone and now whenever I try and play it, it says file not found. I'm thinking of going to the tmobile store tomorrow and exchanging it for a different one.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Default Re: How to sign out of Email app on android(samsung galaxy s 4g)

hello everyone...
    I don't know how old this post is, but i just had the same issue today. I got my phone about a week ago and here is how you sign out from your email accnt....for those who still can't figure out or just want to know ha....bla bla... here is how, when in your email account or your messages, open your menu, it will give you the info of the accounts link to your phone.... All you do is hold your tab on the account you wish to sign out of and you choose cancel account, and thats the only way... if you want to see your msgs or received msgs again, just sign back in .....

Hi I am here to help your first question..so first you press the very top button which should say what email you are using(ie Yahoo,gmail,Comcast...) Hold it down. Then your screen should say (Yahoo,Comcast...) And your email(ie example@Yahoo.com) hold that down and press remove account this will sign you out. Hope this helped!
    Last edited by banana097; 08-31-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Hope this helped

general steps: press Menu - Delete Account - Stick Account want to delelte - Yes.

hope it's useful to you.

Default Re: How to sign out of Email app on android(samsung grand Quattaro 3g)

I cannot log out from my mail account on my samsung Grand quattaro .plz help me outASAP

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Satish Desai View Post
    I cannot log out from my mail account on my samsung Grand quattaro .plz help me outASAP
    Open the system settings > accounts. Then click on the email account associated with the device and remove it. Alternatively, if it's an app not device account, you should be able to remove the account (sign out) from the email app settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

My partner had the same problem - accessed Hotmail on a friend's tablet - and couldn't sign out or delete the Email app. I suggested using a PC to change her password, then the tablet can't access any more emails. This seems to work. You can then delete the emails on the tablet but they are still available from the PC. Hope this helps!