Browser not working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Jon Garrett

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Guys

iOS to Android user here.

I just got my Tab 10.1 a week ago and twice now the browser stopped working. the first thing that happened was that the keyboard would not pop up when I wanted to do a search or enter a URL.

I didn't have anything installed on the tablet so I didn't mind resetting it to factory default.

two days later, its not working again but with a new problem. when I do a search for images, I get all the images as I normally would but when I tap on the next page., NO images are loaded.

I did a Google search to see if others are having this problem and apparently they are.

in addition, I wanted to know if I could uninstall the default browser and reinstall it but I have found nothing.

any help with this?

thnx.

Jon Garrett

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me.

Ive heard of rooting and I suppose its the same thing as when I jailbreak my iphone. I'll do some reading and watch some youtube videos on how-to before I do it., thanks for your help, hope this fixes the problem.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
in addition, I wanted to know if I could uninstall the default browser and reinstall it but I have found nothing..

You can't uninstall the browser, however you can clear its cachr/data. It's like doing a factory reset but only for the browser:

Settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all applications -> browser

And then click on clear cache or clear data (maybe try cache first and see if that helps, if not then try data).

I had a similar problem on my Optimus Pad when I first got it, it was caused by one of the options. I think the automatic Google login, although now a few days later I re-enabled autologin and it works fine. Weird huh.

Patrix

Ps : just my own personal opinion here, for me "root and rom" should never be a solution, but for fun or trying something else or bringing functionality not originally included. If I need to root and rom to make the device just work, it means the device was faulty to begin with and not worth it...

I like to tinker, I just don't want to HAVE to tinker to get anything done. I tinker enough at my job as it is...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome