04-11-2013 04:05 AM
- Hey, I have a myTouch 4g that's Perm-Rooted and True S=Off, yet, I can't custom ROMs. I've followed the step provided by ELBdelorean's "How to Flash CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies on myTouch 4G" and the Unlockr's "How To: Load a Custom ROM on the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G / HTC Glacier" videos but had no success. I have tried flashing Iced Glacier, CM7, and MIUI; every time, I get message saying installation has been aborted! Any ideas? I'm very new to this, so I apologize if this is a dumb question.
1. I am using version 126.96.36.199 of ClockworkMod.
2. I have tried using both Recovery and ROM Manager.
3. The exact error message is "Installation aborted"; it pops up while in Recovery about to seconds after I try to install the .zip ROM.
I have tried downloading them from my phone's browser, from the ROM Manger app; and I have also tried downloading them on my computers (Mac & PC) and then copying them to the root of my SD card, making sure that the files remained in .zip format. I am not sure what the md5sum is, so if you could explain, I will check it. I have searched everywhere for an answer to my problem, but have had no luck.
I hope that this is enough info. I followed the aforementioned videos to a T. The only things that are different between what I say and the video were my Recovery version and that the text was never green. Please see aforementioned videos if you are not sure what I mean. Thanks for taking time to read my post. Please let me know what you find out! : )
Currently still running stock06-21-2011 02:02 AM
- Moscow DesireTroubleshooterMd5sum, basically means the file you downloaded, is not corrupted in any way,
Check this link;
To make sure you are properly rooted, you should have an active "superuser" icon in your apps. You may have lost root.
(Yes, I see that you say you have perm-root)
Verify the ROM's you download, are specifically for your phone. (stupid question, but it has happened before)
I assume you are using a properly formatted SD card with 1 partition? I would double check it, and run a chkdisk on it to be sure. A FAT32 is ok. Heck, I might even try a different SD card.
Other than that, I can't think of anything else yet. Although I have heard rumor, that some providers, somehow do some strange things with their SIM cards that causes problems flashing.
Let me know if you found an answer.
EDIT: In fact, the more I think about it, it gives the same behavior as a phone which is not rooted, or lost it's root. You may want to go back to stock, and try the procedure again. I know it's a PITA, but I have a hunch....06-22-2011 03:00 AM
- I have Superuser permission and Busy Box states that I am rooted. I am still a bit boggled by this whole situation, despite the fact that I think I have solved the problem. For anyone else out there who has had the same problem as described above, I believe most of my problems had to do with free space with my internal phone memory which seemed to be solved by doing the factor reset/wipe a couple of times. I don't know much at all about flashing ROMs, but I am now running CM7. After flashing, it loaded into boot-loop. I rebooted it and compled another wipe/factory reset, and then rebooted it againpresto! Thanks for all the help guys; I would be lost without these forums : )
However, I still cannot flash things like google apps, other ROMs, etc, without totally erasing my phone. It is very frustrating. Any suggestions?06-23-2011 11:57 PM
- Moscow DesireTroubleshooterAre you wiping your Devlk cache also? Before you flash I mean. You should. Also user data.
I know it sounds silly, but it's easy to lose a step.
When you flash another ROM, essentially, you should Wipe all caches, user data, and Delvik cach before flashing. This is pretty much mandatory.
Also, if you use Titanium Backup to back up apps before flashing, Never ever backup and restore system data, especially if you are flashing a different type ROM. Only the downloaded apps. At least until you are comfortable and knowledgable.
Gapps.zip, you should be able to flash when flashing your ROM, without leaving recovery.06-24-2011 04:27 AM
is there any boday help me too04-11-2013 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD