New to Droid. I need help with Email

jcny21

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I am sorry for this thread but I really need some help now. It seems like I setup my 3rd party email and all settings for POP3 have been set correctly and I set that to fetch my mail every 5 minutes but I get my email only when I click on my Email Icon. For example last nights email didn't come through until this morning when I clicked on my Email Icon then it started refreshing for new email. Does anybody else know or have this problem? Is there something I can do to fix this? I just came over from a Blackberry storm and the push mail on blackberry is 100% better than the Droid is now. Unless there is a known problem that somebody can help me with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I dont think the Droid does push email for anything else but Google mail. Have you tried using GMail??

iirc the palm pre is the only other phone, besides the BB, that will do IMAP IDLE on any email account.

Last edited:

cvogie23

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I've had my driod for about a week now and I'm having a similar problem. I went to set up my yahoo email. It doesn't show up in my accounts, however, I'm getting text messages that says the email address in it. How can I stop the texts from happening? Is there a way for me to delete the email account on my phone?

joelangley

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
RE: Yahoo Mail

You can use MailDroid which you can find on the SlideMe.org site. It will work for yahoo (and any other account) and even does yahoo over wifi.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont think the Droid does push email for anything else but Google mail.
Exchange with ActiveSync is push.

It should poll for email from the OP's POP accounts. Otherwise there's no point in having a polling interval setting.

Hello, I've had my driod for about a week now and I'm having a similar problem. I went to set up my yahoo email. It doesn't show up in my accounts, however, I'm getting text messages that says the email address in it. How can I stop the texts from happening? Is there a way for me to delete the email account on my phone?
If you're getting text messages then you need to find out what the source of the text messages is and address that. My best guess (off the top of my head) is that it was an email solution on your former phone.

Last edited:

jcny21

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
When the polling interval setting is set to every 5 minutes why isn't it working then? I had it set for 5 Minute polling and I needed to manually refresh the email client.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
When the polling interval setting is set to every 5 minutes why isn't it working then? I had it set for 5 Minute polling and I needed to manually refresh the email client.

Are you running any sort of automatic task killer? If so, perhaps it is killing the service that is listening for POP updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22