stuck in recovery desperate *cry for help*

arnation

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
ive tried everything besides bashing my phone into the wall i rooted my lg optimus v and downloaded the clockworkmod recovery but after a day or two my phone started acting weird and not syncing and it told me to do a factory reset and i did and it booted up into recovery from there ive gone from clockworks to the blue fastboot screen where i manage to accidentaly download the thunderc recovery and i noticed that there was nothing in my system or data file ive literaly stayed up all night trying to find the awnser to this it just reboots into recovery no matter how many roms i dont have super user anymore and i cant get it back because superoneclick doesnt work ive spend literaly 24 hours searching adbing flashing roms having no way to flash a different recovery image because i dont have my system folder which would hold my root files ok im desperate like really this is a cry for help ive tried so much to no avail and i feel like im losing my mind :'(

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Dude, there is no logical end to your sentance. This is not chat.

I realize this is a cry for help. Keep in mind, a lot of us are "old" dudes. No offence to the others.

All I can gather, is that you have an LG Optimus, and that you accidently flashed a ROM for a different phone?

It shouldn't be that bad. I assume, you wiped all you user data, cache memory, and delvik cache before you tried to flash another ROM?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
ive tried everything besides bashing my phone into the wall i rooted my lg optimus v and downloaded the clockworkmod recovery but after a day or two my phone started acting weird and not syncing and it told me to do a factory reset and i did and it booted up into recovery from there ive gone from clockworks to the blue fastboot screen where i manage to accidentaly download the thunderc recovery and i noticed that there was nothing in my system or data file ive literaly stayed up all night trying to find the awnser to this it just reboots into recovery no matter how many roms i dont have super user anymore and i cant get it back because superoneclick doesnt work ive spend literaly 24 hours searching adbing flashing roms having no way to flash a different recovery image because i dont have my system folder which would hold my root files ok im desperate like really this is a cry for help ive tried so much to no avail and i feel like im losing my mind :'(
I would, at this time, flash what we call an RUU. Which is basically a stock rom. After that, you will need to root again. Note that some samsung users, need to use ODIN to do certain things.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you still reboot into Recovery? At this point, it should be Thunder Recovery, correct?

If so, then it might still be salvageable. Can you still flash ROMs? What does it say when it completes? Successful? Failed?

Reactions: arnation

arnation

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Dude, there is no logical end to your sentance. This is not chat.

I realize this is a cry for help. Keep in mind, a lot of us are "old" dudes. No offence to the others.

All I can gather, is that you have an LG Optimus, and that you accidently flashed a ROM for a different phone?

It shouldn't be that bad. I assume, you wiped all you user data, cache memory, and delvik cache before you tried to flash another ROM?

sorry well i have and lg optimus v from virgin mobile. i flashed the clockworkmod recovery onto my phone and everything was fine but then my phone would not sync to any thing google related like the market or my mail and when i looked into changing the mail that i used the optimus v told i had to do a factory reset which i did and it booted up into recovery so i made a back up and tried to flash the recovery said success i always wiped everything before i flash but when i reboot it reboots into recover i tried to flash the stock rom but it still goes into recovery i flashed it using the install zip from sd feature.
i tried a few roms ( stock, stock overclocked, cyanogen 7 , and more) but no matter what i did it just went into recovery. i looked around and read that i should flash a different recovery when i was in the process of flashing a different recovery it loaded into fastboot but when i did the command (fastboot devices) it would return me to a "? devices" i kept learning about fastboot that i was able to flash the stock recovery but it turns out it was the thunder recover specifically "RA-tunderc-1.1.0-gnm"but it was the same deal no matter what it would boot into recovery then i read that the XIONIA recovery had the "get out of recovery loop" option [that is when i found out that my SYSTEM file and my DATA file on my sd card where completely empty so i didn't have SU i checked it using ADB shell im currently stuck on the thunder recovery those are the details

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Nah... it's ok. I'm just an old guy, and am used to some different things.

Ok, I assume you rooted, and flashed Clockwork recovery, And that everything was fine. Good, as recovery has no bearing on what the OS does. In most normal circumstances. You leave it alone, it leaves you alone.

Now, you say, after flashing to CMW, all hell broke loose. You basically couldn't do anything.

And, for general purposes, You did not flash a custom ROM at this point. Is this correct? You got the issue after flashing CMW. Before flashing any ROM.

Because honestly, I am not sure what "thunder" recovery is. I haven't got a clue. Bear with my ignorance, as CWM recovery, is like the defacto standard.

I'm going to assume, before and after your original root, you did a Nandbackup. System backup.

Reactions: arnation

arnation

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
okk yes i figured this out for anybody who needs help first i just downloaded droid explorer Droid Explorer - Download: Droid Explorer 0.8.8.2 Beta
and from there i flashed the xionia recovery after that it booted into the harmonia and picasticks rom this was my solution im pretty it will work for other people
thanls for all your help now is there a solutions page somewhere were i can put this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is or common area to post it without the thread being buried. Bookmark the information and lend a helping hand in the future. :)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it going!!!

Just another method of doing things. And, we all appreciate it!!!

But,,,, as some of us are "old guys", please, put some punctuation marks. I should, and will, grumble.....

Remember, you are ambassadors to the other countries. Ya wanna makem think we are a buncha illiterate losers????

cheaphacker

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
okk yes i figured this out for anybody who needs help first i just downloaded droid explorer Droid Explorer - Download: Droid Explorer 0.8.8.2 Beta
and from there i flashed the xionia recovery after that it booted into the harmonia and picasticks rom this was my solution im pretty it will work for other people
thanls for all your help now is there a solutions page somewhere were i can put this?
okay so i rooted my phone i got rom manager and i loaded a rom it was working then it stopped working so i did a factory reset or wtv and it just keeps rebooting to recovery and anything i do it says successful or not successful but nothing happens it just keep me in recovery i have installed all roms EVERYTHING but i just cant get it to work! can you help ? you are so far the person that has had the most similar problem, if you can please explain to me specific because i suck at this , please? i know you went thru pain so you understand me"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol