Vortex and Gingerbreak 1.1

sigshane

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I will be the first to admit that I rushed a little into rooting my phone.

I used GingerBreak 1.1 to gain superuser access to my Verizon LG Vortex, android version 2.2.2. I did not do any ROMs, only uninstalled a couple apps like CityID, Kindle, and I think Scrabble.

Well, now I have purchased a Droid X from a person, and would like to give the Vortex to my wife. However, I would like to give it to her vanilla.

I have read that GingerBreak 1.2 has an unroot feature. Will that do what I want?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Not a catastrophic issue, just would like to have this done before Monday, when I will be expected to turn over the Vortex :)

Shane

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Basically, it's an exe file.

Note,your root will be gone.

Keep in mind, RUU's for a lot of phones may be different, and usually are.

I'm not an LG user, but one would hope, the method would be the same. One of the exceptions are the Samsung phones.

sigshane

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
--UPDATE--

Okay, so I restored factory settings on the phone, and that went as expected - factory settings, with superuser still present, and those aforementioned apps gone (Kindle, Skype, CityID, Scrabble). Then I downloaded GingerBreak 1.2, UnRooted, and that worked as well. Now the phone is completely OEM (as far as I can tell!) with the uninstalled apps still gone. Those are not stuff my woman would miss anyway.

My new question is whether any updates will be successful. If anyone has any productive input on that, I would be forever in your debt.

Shane

sigshane

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's an enlightened thought - what if I was to simply go to the Market, and reinstall the uninstalled apps?

I will report my findings!

Shane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol