BIS data plan for android phones

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why the BIS data plan I have on my blackberry works just fine when I put my sim card into a nexus one since I'm able to browse the web but when I do the same on a G2x, it shows the 4G symbol but no data can go thru?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Carrier restrictions? I would assume, that the ph IMEU, or however they call it, will have restrictions on it, when you just pull a SIM, and slap it into another ph. In this case, I would call the carrier.

Also keep in mind, some phones radios, are not as strong as others. This is typically software related.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I guess it is the phone's IMEI number, they probably restrict it from certain plans in order to make you have a certain data plan. I'm still in the process of deciding to see where I should go, so I just wanted to try out an android phone without messing anything up with my plan.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Also - the BIS plan is really just the plain ol' internet plan, they call it BIS for the BB's because you get to use the Blackberry Internet Server for email. It's the consumer version of Blackberry Enterprise Server, so the masses can use BB's for their POP accounts.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I also believe that the 4G SIM cards are different than the 3G ones. That may be your issue.

That kinda makes sense since I'm guessing the G2x can receive the HSPA+ network? I had my sim card exchanged about 1-2 months ago. If only it worked right away, I can decide which platform I want to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463