[How To] Screen Protector Technique

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There's an easy way to do screen protectors without getting crap under them.

(1) It's best to work in an area that has no drafts or breeze. Turn off fans and close windows and let the dust settle in your workspace for a little bit.
(2) Wash your hands.
(3) WASH YOUR HANDS!
(4) Dry hands thoroughly.
(5) Assess how the pieces fit without removing any film from them.
(6) Clean the screen with a lint-free cloth.
(7) Skinomi and Zagg come with solution. Spray your fingertips and the protector after peeling the protective film off. If it's one of the stiffer ones that doesn't come with solution only peel back about a half inch or so from the top of the screen side.
(8) Starting at the top, line it up with the speaker hole and the top of the device.
(9) For Skinomi and Zagg, just roll it down, you can adjust the piece after it's down if it's still wet.
(10) For the stiff kind, after you're lined up with the top, peel the film away while sliding a card down the protector. It's easier than it sounds.

Here is a video showing what I'm talking about. Don't flame me cause it's an iPhone. I don't care about that, only the technique.

YouTube - ‪How To: Perfectly Install a Screen Protector on the iPhone3G‬‏
I installed thousands of screen protectors when I worked for Geek Squad. Following these techniques I was the best person on both shifts in the entire store at installing screen protectors. You too can install them perfectly, every time, doing it like this.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Why not, care about the phone? We can have 20 steps, but a person has to care about it.

A simple leather case, with a flip-over top.

Considering most people hate a "man-purse". Or hate to carry a briefcase.

Or is you slide it into the back pocket, worring about homo-phobic fears.

So you place it into the front pocket, and never think about the loose change, or car keys you have.

A simple fold-over case. And you can put it where-ever you wish. No plastic covers.

No getting things wet.

Well,,,, unless you want to go cheap on your investment...

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Why not, care about the phone?
They're not mutually exclusive. Accidents happen. It doesn't even require dropping the device or keys (which won't scratch glass anyway as keys are not harder than glass). A grain of sand in the wrong place is enough to scratch a screen.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Uhhmmmmm,,,,, I can show you key damage...

But as Tash said, even a grain of sand can cause damage, Sure, a platistic coating will protect, but how about something a little more permanant....

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Uhhmmmmm,,,,, I can show you key damage...

But as Tash said, even a grain of sand can cause damage, Sure, a platistic coating will protect, but how about something a little more permanant....

Gorilla Glass FTW! In all seriousness, the screen protector works for people who are tough on their phones or are in a field that makes it almost impossible to not cause damage to their phone. I've seen building contractors with Evo's and some are abused to the max.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass? If we work with gorillas.... maybe. Depends if you work in my area :D

Should I mention Sapphire glass? Nokia 8800....

The bottom line, If you want to protect your ph, then the protection is what you deem necessary. If you do a lot of watersports,,,,, well, I suggest a waterproof case or packet.

If you work in heavy construction, and insist on carrying it with you, get a protective case worthy of the environment.

If ya just wanna stuff it in your pocket, I would reccommend a flipover protector. Doesn't require much space, and keeps the frame in good shape. I can always slide it out, for the coolness factor in front of the girls.

But if ya wanna pay a buck59 for some plastic layovers, well, you get a buck59 worth of protection.

Even Gorilla Glass would be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech