I used the wrong GMail account

who922

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I looked and couldn't find a question that exactly fit my situation. If it's already out there, I apologize. Last summer or so my sister in law got a new Evo. I wanted to show her an app. She didn't have a Gmail account, so I just logged in with mine. The next thing I know she is telling me that she has my contacts and is getting my calendar notifications on her phone. I tried to change the default account, but evidently Google in it's infinite wisdom does not make that possible.

1) The question how do I set up her phone to use her gmail account I set up for her?

2) When (and if) I make the change will she lose her contacts?

3) I have since got an HTC Aria. Will changing anything on her phone affect the app, contacts etc on mine.

Thanks in advance

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have her do a factory reset and restart the log in process with her Gmail account. That will fix the problem, unless somehow she sync your contacts onto her account via computer.

Anything downloaded or paid for with your account is tied to your gmail. The purchased apps will pop up when you log into the new phone with your Gmail.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Isn't a factory reset going to make her lose all of her contacts and her pictures, etc?

If she is logged into your gmail account and added contacts, then yes, she will lost the contacts because they are stored onto your gmail account. You can go into your gmail account and copy the contacts that belong to her and give them to her to load on her account.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If she is logged into your gmail account and added contacts, then yes, she will lost the contacts because they are stored onto your gmail account. You can go into your gmail account and copy the contacts that belong to her and give them to her to load on her account.

Not necessarily the only scenario. She may have stored them on the local "Phone" database instead of his Google account. If she stored them locally, then yes, a factory reset will wipe them out. She would need to export them to the SD card as a vCard (.vcf) file first. Then she can import the vCard into her Google Contacts via the desktop.

A factory reset won't erase the SD card unless you tell the phone to do so. So be sure not to erase the SD card.