Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Unable to sign in Gmail Account

Hi, Just got SGS2 and for the life of me can't sign in to Gmail, so no access to Market...etc.....after pressing the stock Gmail Client Icon and entering my gmail id and password.....the phone seems to take a couple of minutes to try to sign in and then comes back with unreliable data connection msg....i am using good Wi Fi connection and don't have a network data connection yet. Pls Help

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Default Re: Unable to sign in Gmail Account

I would start by making sure your Google account is setup on the phone (usually setup during initial activation).

Try: Settings->Accounts and sync

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Unable to sign in Gmail Account

Factory reset and go through the process to setup a gmail account. The phone will walk you through the process. Also go through the gmail security settings via computer to see if there is anything from preventing access.

Thumbs up Re: Unable to sign in Gmail Account

Your are not able to login even after entering right password, dont worry I had the same problem when i brought my first android . This login password wont work if you have enable sms verification by Google.

login to you Gmail account >account setting > security

find heading Generate a new application-specific password enter any name then click on Generate Password

Now back to you android and enter the 16 letter instead of your password

for complete step by step guide visit this link
    Solved: Unable To Login to Gmail Account In Android - RTT