1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon Purchasing

Hello guys.

I am curious about purchasing my phone and plan from amazon, has anyone done this ? Give me some details etc... Love to know the goodness and badness of doing this process. I know its cheaper! Thats what i seem to love. Saving 200$ is great !

Default Re: Amazon Purchasing

Quote Originally Posted by jlmassey View Post
    Hello guys.

I am curious about purchasing my phone and plan from amazon, has anyone done this ? Give me some details etc... Love to know the goodness and badness of doing this process. I know its cheaper! Thats what i seem to love. Saving 200$ is great !
    Jim:
    Yes, I bought a Samsung Infuse from Amazon two weeks ago and received it two days later(!!) So far, so great. :-)

Keith Lee

I just bought the HTC Thunderbolt from Amazon. It arrived in 2 days. The phone had a busted speaker. When I called Amazon they were easy to deal with. They sent me a brand new phone next day air. Received it the next day and it works perfect. I have 30 days to return the busted phone which is well beyond what most companies do. I bought my wife the Samsung Charge and it arrived with no issues. Very happy with the purchases since we saved about $170 between the 2 compared to the Verizon store. One thing to be careful with at Amazon is, if you change your number or port the phone number after the sale you must contact Amazon as soon as possible and give them the active number. The rep told me that the number and the phone must match Amazons database for your account for 180 days or they charge you a $250 fee. I ported my phone number after the fact since I split from a joint account at AT&T which my wife stayed with for roughly 2 days (due to a misunderstanding about the new data plans) so I couldn't port the number over. I mentioned that I did this and the rep informed me about the requirements and set my new number in the database so I won't be charged. I called Verizon before I made the switch and asked specifically if I could add a line after July 7 and get unlimited data for the new line as well. The rep said yes you can but I found that to be completely false so we went ahead and made the switch on her line to secure the unlimited data.

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I haven't purchased from Amazon but have heard many good things about the company's mobile division, as well as Wirefly.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks! Any more experiences would be lovely!

I just received my new Thunderbolt Yesterday from Amazon. It was on sale for $100, couldn't beat the price. I ordered it last Thursday and due to the holiday, It arrived on Tuesday. I received my tracking number a short time after I placed the order and it went through. It was packaged very well. It worked perfect out of the box.

I have ordered many things through Amazon and never had any issues. This was the first time I ordered a cell phone through them and it went flawlessly. SO much easier than dealing with the boobery of the salespeople at the store.

Here is something to make sure and read. It is about their instant discount policy and the terms of it.
    AmazonWireless
    "Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools because Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."