Can someone create the category: "Ice Cream Sandwich, Ver. 4.0" ?

fred1955

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
:D Greetings.
Can someone in the forums create a new forum category that will support Google's newest OS, "Ice Cream Sandwich, version 4.0?

This category would report a plethora of information and news regarding Google's latest OS and can include:
late breaking news, supported Android devices, "how-tos" and "show me" demos, OS updates, Pimpin' your device, and so much more.

Thank You and Continued Success :)

Last edited:

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can someone create the category: "Ice Cream Sandwich, Ver. 4.

You mean 2.4 or whatever 2.xx it will be? There is a Nexus phone already running it and it's kernel said 2.6xxxx, but not sure that's the exact version # of Ice Cream

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

You mean 2.4 or whatever 2.xx it will be? There is a Nexus phone already running it and it's kernel said 2.6xxxx, but not sure that's the exact version # of Ice Cream

Whatever else it will be, 2.x is not it. It will be a pretty major jump for phones seemingly, but a minor one for tablets. I'm guessing 3.3. X update for phones, and .x update for tablets.

The kernel number != android version number. Linux Kernel likely won't be ready for primetime in anything by the time ICS is released. Even if it is, it won't be phone/tablet ready. Expect a 2.x kernal, just like in honeycomb.

MissSpiffy

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Ok OS starting with 3.0 is tablet version. 3.0 Honeycomb is specifically for tablets. When Honeycomb is upgraded to whatever it will be, we should expect it to be 3.1 or something along that line. I highly doubt that the new phone OS will be 4.0, if it was it would have to be different in a "revolutionary" way, because 4.0 indicates a whole new strain. More than likely it will be 2.4 or something in the 2.X family.

Nonetheless, it will not be 3.X because the 3.X is a tablet line....that is WHY they made Honeycomb 3.0, to DISTINGUISH it from phone OS. So for now, before you start confusing people, I would refer to it as 2.4 so it is clear you are referring to the next phone OS update.

Anyways, I know it's a silly thing to argue about, but at this moment it's about the only thing to discuss as concerns Ice Cream (are we even sure that's to be the name?)

RASHAD3G

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Ok OS starting with 3.0 is tablet version. 3.0 Honeycomb is specifically for tablets. When Honeycomb is upgraded to whatever it will be, we should expect it to be 3.1 or something along that line. I highly doubt that the new phone OS will be 4.0, if it was it would have to be different in a "revolutionary" way, because 4.0 indicates a whole new strain. More than likely it will be 2.4 or something in the 2.X family.

Nonetheless, it will not be 3.X because the 3.X is a tablet line....that is WHY they made Honeycomb 3.0, to DISTINGUISH it from phone OS. So for now, before you start confusing people, I would refer to it as 2.4 so it is clear you are referring to the next phone OS update.

Anyways, I know it's a silly thing to argue about, but at this moment it's about the only thing to discuss as concerns Ice Cream (are we even sure that's to be the name?)

hmmm.....well considering Google saying the next version of Android will tie all devices under one umbrella, I wouldn't count out Android 4.0 so quickly. And yes, Ice Cream Sandwich is the name of the next OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel