HP goes Crazy Eddie, slashes TouchPad to $99

evilkefz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If there was any uncertainty surrounding HP's intentions to exit the webOS hardware business, it has effectively been squashed by the computer maker's latest move. HP has decided to liquidate all remaining TouchPad tablet stock by cutting the price down to an astonishingly low $99.

The slash and burn started yesterday at Best Buy and Future Shop stores in Canada, when the TouchPad became available for $99 for the 16GB version, or $149 for the 32GB version. HP's own website soon followed suit, cutting its own stock down to those prices as well. Retailers in the U.S. started to cut their prices today, with Walmart listing the tablet at the $99 price point, while Office Depot chose to go with a $129 price for the 16GB version. Of course, this started quite frenzy, and at this point, most retailers appear to be out of stock of the tablet.

Best Buy in the U.S. has taken a different route than its northern counterpart, as the company has decided against slashing the price of the TouchPad, and will be shipping all of its remaining stock back to HP. The company isn't even offering the tablet for sale in its stores or online anymore. Best Buy will not be price matching the TouchPad for those who purchased it at the higher $399 and $499 price points either, but it has extended its return policy for TouchPad buyers from 14 days to 60 days.

If you happen to spot a TouchPad at the new, fire-sale price points, our recommendation would be to go ahead and snap it up, as we had no luck at the stores in our local area this morning. While the TouchPad certainly has its faults, and there is much uncertainty regarding the future of webOS as a whole, its hard to argue with a high-specced, 9.7-inch tablet for under $100. [via PreCentral]

HP goes Crazy Eddie, slashes TouchPad to $99

too bad i havent figured out how to root the HP tab and load honeycomb on it... talk about a deal

sdijoseph

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I snapped one up at Office Max for $160 (32GB). Considering this has a kindle app and its cheaper than the Kindle, there is no reason not to buy this (unless perhaps you already own a tablet). People are already working on an android port.

Rdjinc

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So where can I get some info on the android port? I have 4 16 gig models on the way. I was hoping for some android love

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

LHKJohn

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Love WebOS. Almost bought a TP full price on launch day, but was waiting on the Pre3 to drop to make it worth it. Sad that its come to this but a TP at that price is a STEAL! Even without support from HP, the WebOS homebrew community will make that badboy worth every penny.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

cpagan2000

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Why wasn't this tab before a killer tab, price. It's always a price issue right. Now the tablet is $99.00 now everybody wants one and people will write nice things about the tablet go figure. Also I think HP did not handle the marketing of the tablet well and had issue with their servers over the weekend when the tablet went on sale Tech News Central has a nice article about that Tech News Central :)

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey now you can get it for the low price of only $1,200!

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze