Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid 3 sold out everywhere!?

I'm trying to get another Droid 3 and its sold out everywhere... both Letstalk.com and Amazon.com are sold out. I prefer to get it online so I don't have to pay sales tax and cuz its cheaper.

I think this phone is not getting the credit it deserves. The Droid 2 Global was THE MOST activated enterprise phone and I think this phone is following the same line.

5 Motorola Android Phones that Can Increase Google's Reach - International Business Times
    Droid MAXX and iPad 4. Best combo.

ROM
    Liberty 3 2.0

Default Re: Droid 3 sold out everywhere!?

The major selling point of this phone is the physical keyboard. Alot of folks transferring from other OS's still are hesitant to acquire a touchscreen only device. I don't want to sound like I'm trolling but for vzw alot of people's contracts are up for renewal for the bb 9500(storm 1), 9550(storm 2), and 9650(bold). Quite a bit of people became very frustrated with bb in the last 1 1/2 yrs. Thus causing customers to leap towards an Android phone that has a highly ranked physical keyboard. Just my opinion.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What helps me get work done faster is not a faster SOC its a better keyboard =op
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Also, why isn't any blog covering the fact that the Droid 3 is still sold out at the VZW website...

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...edPhoneId=5676

How about ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by SellnCLT85 View Post
    The major selling point of this phone is the physical keyboard. Alot of folks transferring from other OS's still are hesitant to acquire a touchscreen only device. I don't want to sound like I'm trolling but for vzw alot of people's contracts are up for renewal for the bb 9500(storm 1), 9550(storm 2), and 9650(bold). Quite a bit of people became very frustrated with bb in the last 1 1/2 yrs. Thus causing customers to leap towards an Android phone that has a highly ranked physical keyboard. Just my opinion.
    I disagree about quite a few people buying this instead of a BB. The new 9900 is a fantastic phone and a lot of people have went back to BB to rock it, rather it be coming from an Android or a craptastic iPhone.

I like my Android, but if I had the funds, I would be back with BB and a 9900.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SellnCLT85 View Post
    This is exactly what i did. Left bb bold 9650 for droid 3. Bb seemed to be way behind and just bored with bb. Love droid!!

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

And when i got my droid 3 two weeks ago the store rep said the warehouse had 50,000 in stock. So i would call or go ro a local store

I had checked 25 verizon dealers and 5 verizon corporate owned stores -sold out everywhere here in NY- VZW underestimated how many ppl want a physical keyboard. Luckily, a local store-Nesconset NY had a connection at the warehouse and was able to get me one in 2 days after 2 weeks of waiting for the Verizon store. Yay got the Droid 3 1 hour ago!
    However VZW screwed me and said I am not grandfathered in on my unlimited data plan b/c even though I had unlimited data pkg -the Droid is a Smart phone and my other phone was not considered a smart phone!
    Any one else with this issue?

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbelina View Post
    I had checked 25 verizon dealers and 5 verizon corporate owned stores -sold out everywhere here in NY- VZW underestimated how many ppl want a physical keyboard. Luckily, a local store-Nesconset NY had a connection at the warehouse and was able to get me one in 2 days after 2 weeks of waiting for the Verizon store. Yay got the Droid 3 1 hour ago!
    However VZW screwed me and said I am not grandfathered in on my unlimited data plan b/c even though I had unlimited data pkg -the Droid is a Smart phone and my other phone was not considered a smart phone!
    Any one else with this issue?
    Wow, that "Verizon" Store in Nesconset is a 3rd party authorized retailer. I've been in there a couple of times for various odds and ends that they never had, or to try to get info on new devices that they never seem know anything about. Surprised those dingbats in there were able to get you the phone. Great score for you! Good luck with it! My wife has one since launch day and it seems to be a solid device. The keyboard really is as nice as everyone says it is. The screen, well, OK I'm not going there ... Its nice too

We got ours at the VZW kiosk in BJ's Setauket FWIW. Not sure if anyone has tried there...

I love my Droid 3. It has just about everything I need really.

Just wait, they'll get more. Every Company likes sales and profit. They just need to produce them alittle faster. Ask them when their next stock is coming in.
    Last edited by afrost55; 11-10-2011 at 01:34 PM.

When I went in for my upgrades, the salesperson said the D3 was out of stock, but she checked again and they did have it. Seems to be a popular phone.
    Have you tried SEARCH today? LPCZI9G4