ice cream sandwhich

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys wondering if there is any news about the new OS? like features etc. Also will phones like the EVO 3d be able to run it? Thanks

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious about what it means for the actual UI. If it's just going to be "under the hood" stuff, like Gingerbread basically is to Froyo, then I don't really care much. I just want to know if there are going to be any big (or even noticeable) changes to the UI.

The only thing I've heard (though I don't know if there's any truth to it) is that ICS removes the need for the "home, menu, back, search" buttons most current Android phones have, meaning screens can be bigger because those buttons will no longer be used on newer phones. Which would be pretty neat, in my opinion. But again, I don't know how true that is, and I also don't know how that would even work. Would gestures replace the functions of said buttons, or what?

kenwen

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
My burning question is...

if this is the OS that merges the phone and tablet systems will there be the Nexus / Xoom2 Tablet? And if there is will it be 7" (my much preferred tablet form factor)

first time guys will be boasting about having a smaller package than everyone else...

RASHAD3G

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys wondering if there is any news about the new OS? like features etc. Also will phones like the EVO 3d be able to run it? Thanks

Any phone that got/runs Gingerbread 2.3 should be able to run Android 4.0.
No one knows anything about the new OS Google is working on, besides that it is a combination of tablet and smartphone [Android 3.0 & 2.3] in one OS.

If there is any news, I'm sure you'll see it front page on all the blogs online just like they all jump on the fake pictures of a Nexus S running Android 4.0.

Wait till you hear it from Google's mouth.