AT&T vs. Verizon - Your Thoughts on My Dilema

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody, I'm a newbie here on the forums, and I find myself in a bit of a pickle.

So I bought an iPhone 3G (on AT&T obviously) when they first came out. As such, I also got the unlimited data plan. Fast forward to nowadays, I have an iPhone 4, and was grandfathered into the unlimited data after they switched to tiered plans.

For a while now, though, I've wanted to switch to Verizon. Most of my friends use it, and their coverage is generally better in my area (as well as in family places that I visit). So today, I went and grabbed a Droid Bionic at Costco (for the awesome deal they had) and am now hooked up with a 2GB data plan.

After review of some AT&T stats, I've never even come close to using 2GB of data in one month, but not having the unlimited option available is already starting to make me uneasy. I absolutely LOVE the Bionic, and am not missing my iPhone at all. My only nagging concern is that at some point in the future, I am going to deeply regret losing my unlimited data (and hell, maybe even switching - the GSII is sounding better and better). It seems android + 4G is going to be making me use my phone's internet quite a bit more.

I have 14 days to take everything back, cancel my new account, etc etc. What would you all?

TL;DR - AT&T w/ unlimited data, or Verizon w/ 2GB plan

(Eeek I think i posted this in the wrong forum, my bad :-/ well feel free to close it, or help, or whatever!)

Last edited:

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I would not worry a out it and give up the unlimited data.
How much are you even using?
I find most people really got even above a gig. Remember how much of your time you spend in wifi. Most people spend most of the time in range of wifi and use that.

Remember at&t is starting to crack down on us grandfather people and are going to start throttling us. Heck I bet they are going to start killing them at upgrades in the future.

I would be happy with you bionic and not worry about it.

Reactions: Randizzledante
Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow, very interesting stuff. I knew AT&T was cracking down to an extent, I didn't know they were going to start throttling speeds though (I thought only T-mobile did that).

I feel much better about my Bionic then :) sounds like I'm not truly losing anything. I'd rather end up paying for a more expensive data plan that I could actually use as opposed to being throttled, if I do determine that's what I need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv