Droid Incredible sells 100k in 2 days

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Loving mine, how about you other guys/gals that are new to Android?

"Verizon sold 100,000 of the phones, which run Google's Android software, in the first two days after launch in late April and is now mostly restricted to online sales because it cannot keep the phones on store shelves, he said."

MSNBC Article Link

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Isn't that about how many DROIDs they moved in the first few days?

If you go into the article, it says that the Inc would have blown out the Moto DROID's sales if they could have kept it in stock. Apparently, they have had a lot of supply issues (with the screen especially I think) and that's why the sales are backed up. They have had to focus on just doing online sales and arent able to ship many to stores. Once the supply issue is worked out and all the stores have them in stock, I am sure we will see a ton of radio/TV ads to reach more people than the web ads currently do.

saking2002

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones to order on Saturday May 1 with the website stating that wouldn't ship until May 14 and got on that next week on May 5. this phones seems to be hottest phone that Verizon has right now.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hottest ORDERED phone at VERIZON....

Zero Verizon Stores have ANY of these....

and online ordering has you to believe that it's a 2 to 4 week wait now....

Hell... Buy the Incredible today and by the time you get it, Verizon will have a new Droid to sell ya...

This is almost as bad as how the Nexus One was handled...

Lego

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hottest ORDERED phone at VERIZON....

Zero Verizon Stores have ANY of these....

and online ordering has you to believe that it's a 2 to 4 week wait now....

Hell... Buy the Incredible today and by the time you get it, Verizon will have a new Droid to sell ya...

This is almost as bad as how the Nexus One was handled...

Lego

There isn't much Verizon, or even HTC for that matter, can do. It really boils down to there not being enough of those sexy AMOLED screens to build more phones. Both companies want to sell as many phones as possible so I am sure they are both working overtime to get the supply issues fixed, especially considering the new iPhone will most likely be released in late June/ early July.

This is nothing like the N1's issues, which had nothing to do with hardware and everything to do with Google's marketing/distribution model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech