What is better - Samsung Galaxy SII or HTC Desire

kuroneko007

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Let's see, HTC Desire, released in February 2010. Single core 1st-Gen 1GHz Snapdragon processor. Prohibitively small amount of internal memory for apps. Stuck on Android 2.2 Froyo (developer-only 2.3 release available but not recommended). No likelihood of being upgraded to 4.0.
Samsung Galaxy S II, released in February 2011. Dual core 1.2 or 1.5 GHz processor. 2GB storage for apps. Currently on 2.3, to be upgraded to 4.0 during 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I love my HTC Desire. Rooted and running CM7, it is still so good that I still haven't seen a phone I want more than this one (I love the 3.7" form factor, and I don't play games).
However, the SGSII is a beast compared to the Desire, and still one of the very top phones out there. No competition.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Let's see, HTC Desire, released in February 2010. Single core 1st-Gen 1GHz Snapdragon processor. Prohibitively small amount of internal memory for apps. Stuck on Android 2.2 Froyo (developer-only 2.3 release available but not recommended). No likelihood of being upgraded to 4.0.
Samsung Galaxy S II, released in February 2011. Dual core 1.2 or 1.5 GHz processor. 2GB storage for apps. Currently on 2.3, to be upgraded to 4.0 during 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I love my HTC Desire. Rooted and running CM7, it is still so good that I still haven't seen a phone I want more than this one (I love the 3.7" form factor, and I don't play games).
However, the SGSII is a beast compared to the Desire, and still one of the very top phones out there. No competition.

Agreed. As far as the phones go, there really is no competition. I guess what it would boil down to in this case would be price. If you can get the Desire for cheap/free and that's important to you, Kuroneko007 seems to like the Desire and you could go for that. If the S II doesn't cost more than you are willing to spend, you could go for that instead.

logicallucy

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. As far as the phones go, there really is no competition. I guess what it would boil down to in this case would be price. If you can get the Desire for cheap/free and that's important to you, Kuroneko007 seems to like the Desire and you could go for that. If the S II doesn't cost more than you are willing to spend, you could go for that instead.

yeah, I'm not one who be super technical about the phones and they they can do and not do because the phones out these days are all pretty nice. therefore, price would be a big factor for me. I wouldn't want to pay too much money for a phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I'm not one who be super technical about the phones and they they can do and not do because the phones out these days are all pretty nice. therefore, price would be a big factor for me. I wouldn't want to pay too much money for a phone.

Sounds like a free phone would work for you. X2 is free still if I recall and is dual core and pretty snappy. Why pay money for what you wont realty need. And I use this phone pretty heavily. Save the scratch for another gadget.:D

What I would do is popover to your provider store. Ask what every free phone is, get a handful of the few you likes the look and feel of. Have themto turn themalarm on andthe use them. Then do some internet research. When you have two o'er three from problems.

And my advice is to always get a display that looks a little too big, you'll grow into of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress