Google to attack iTunes, inks licensing deal for The Beatles??

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
OK, this is pure speculation but hear me out. I think it makes sense.

BGR just reported that Google is sending out invites for a 'special event' on 11/16. In the attached image, after you notice the T-Mobile logo, you'll also see 4 (half) heads below the T-Mo logo. Those are the heads of The Fab 4. I don't believe it's just a coincidence that they are on the wall.

Let's take a look at the date of the event, November 16th. That just so happens to be the same date that Apple announced that their iTunes music store had acquired the rights to sell The Beatles music catalog. Google's "special announcement" comes exactly 1 year exactly after Apple's announcement. Could it be that Apple had a 1yr. exclusive to sell The Beatles? I think that's a very likely situation.

Simply announcing that they were taking their Music service out of beta and opening it up to the public might not have made big headlines, but announcing a music store that has the entire Beatles catalog will get a lot of press and most likely attract many new customers.

We'll see what happens on the 16th!

bBBgC.jpg

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google to attack iTunes, inks licensing deal for The Beatles?

Here's my 2nd guess....Maybe it's a new music themed Android smartphone coming to T-Mobile....something akin to the MyTouch 3G Fender limited edition phone, but with a Google Music theme? Maybe some individual band devices? Spinal Tap Device? Beatles? Who knows.

T-Mobile is the only major U.S. carrier that doesn't sell the iPhone....maybe this is what they (and Google) are hoping will be an "iPhone killer"?

Next question to get things going....if it is a new device launching...will it be a pure Google (Nexus) phone??

Last edited:

kdrod95

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Here's my 2nd guess....Maybe it's a new music themed Android smartphone coming to T-Mobile....something akin to the MyTouch 3G Fender limited edition phone, but with a Google Music theme? Maybe some individual band devices? Spinal Tap Device? Beatles? Who knows.

T-Mobile is the only major U.S. carrier that doesn't sell the iPhone....maybe this is what they (and Google) are hoping will be an "iPhone killer"?

Next question to get things going....if it is a new device launching...will it be a pure Google (Nexus) phone??

A Metallica device would be epic. A Nexus would be even better. (Or an Evo now that HTC has Beats)

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

Heh... I just noticed Bugdroid throwing up the horns in the teaser pic...