Interesting article from CNN

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Has the iPhone lost its cool? - CNN.com

"Apple is fighting two wars and losing both.
It's losing in the fight for market share. With Android shipping on a myriad of phones and Apple's growth limited to its own devices, Google seems destined to win the numbers game.
By providing more fertile ground for developers, meanwhile, Google is winning the hearts and minds of app makers. Google's mastery of the mobile space appears imminent."

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Open always wins!!! apple is cool and all, but android will destroy it.

You are wrong. Apple makes a great product that tons of people buy and will continue to buy. Apple is doing just fine in the computer market yet Windows dominates the % of sales. People need to realise Apple does not need to lose for Google to win or vice versa. The smartphone market is expanding rapidly and is able to support multiple platforms ( Apple, Android, webOS, BB, symbian, and even WinMo). Going forward this number my drop by one or two but I don't see Android or iPhone going anywhere but up. Just wait till the iPhone is on Verizon or Sprint and we will get some real competition.

And for the record, I have a Inc because I can only use Verizon at home and school as well as preferring the openness of Android as a trade off for a little ease of use and polish.